Who is Carrying a P938?

This is a discussion on Who is Carrying a P938? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn I agree with Rollo. My concern is lint getting between the cocked hammer and the firing pin, possibly rendering the gun ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who is Carrying a P938?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I agree with Rollo. My concern is lint getting between the cocked hammer and the firing pin, possibly rendering the gun useless (it's happened).

If you are going to pocket carry a SA pistol cocked and locked, you will need to be very diligent about keeping it clean.

Having gone down the pocket 9mm path several times, I'm much happier with a .38 LCR in that particular role. YMMV.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'm definitely getting a Kahr CM9 as well. Since I am most used to the DA platform I will be carrying it first until I'm comfortable with the SA 1911 style. I'll have to think through the lint possibly getting in the way of the firing pin.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I stopped by my LGS on way home again, maybe they would have a restock NOPE. I will check next week. I will get one someday.

Should have got one last fall.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I think it is a tad too big for pocket carry, but some think it's fine. I holster mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Trex33 View Post
    Curious why you prefer to pocket carry P238. It seems to be almost the exact size of the p938... The only real difference I can see is the P938's handle is a little longer...by a touch. Your opinion?

The P238 is a little lighter, 0.4" shorter in length, & about 1/8" narrower on the slide. As stated, I don't pocket carry often & the P238 is more comfortable when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCO View Post
    even within a pocket holster that covers the trigger?
    Nope.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

My father pocket carries one, sometimes two Sig P238's, but he isn't comfortable carrying them cocked and locked. I told him that if that's the case, he should just carry a J Frame, and let me have one of his Sigs! That conversation didn't get very far...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I'll make up for Rollo. I won't carry a DA pistol. I hate the trigger pull
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

VIP Member

Who is Carrying a P938?

Got one today! 938 Eq.
    9mm. Saw it in a store as we were checking on primers so I got it. Now I need to find some extra mags and a holster
    48 wait on hand guns here so I will pick it up in a couple days
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Got one today! 938 Eq.
    9mm. Saw it in a store as we were checking on primers so I got it. Now I need to find some extra mags and a holster
    48 wait on hand guns here so I will pick it up in a couple days
    Congrats! I looked some today with no luck. Lol, not sure if it mattered if I found the gun because I can't find any 9mm ammo either! What holster ya gonna get?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would personally never pocket carry a SA pistol even if it had a thumb safety.
    Ditto. No single actions in my pocket
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

IMO, my 938 is a bit too large to pocket carry(for me) but it's perfect for an IWB holster. If it was smaller though, I wouldn't have a problem with pocket carry in a good holster.

Who is Carrying a P938?

I have pocket carried mine in a Sticky holster a few times wearing jeans. It was alright and doable. I prefer IWB, though. I'm not a fan of pocket carry in the first place, though.

Who is Carrying a P938?

Quote Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post
    I think it is a tad too big for pocket carry, but some think it's fine. I holster mine:

Where did you find the SAS model!?! I searched EVERYWHERE for one! I got sick of waiting and bought a stainless one with black grips. No melt, though. Your gun is the exact one I wanted

I am a Glock advocate and really like all their models. However, I really love my 938 and carry it the most.
    candalos likes this.

The P938 is a great back-up gun. I don't view mine as much of a primary, though. I can AIWB carry a G19 with shorts and untucked t-shirt no problem whatsoever, so in no-way would I replace a G19 with a P938 as a primary carry gun.

However, once in a while, for brief runs into a store, or at a gas station filling my tank, I do drop a P938 into my jeans back pocket. In that position, it may well be a very effective 9mm response to a demand for my wallet from a threat.

Reach for a wallet and come out with this

I'm a big fan of the PM9, but lately, my P938 has relegated my PM9 to standby status.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links