Who is Carrying a P938? - Page 3

Who is Carrying a P938?

This is a discussion on Who is Carrying a P938? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by coltchris The P238 is a little lighter, 0.4" shorter in length, & about 1/8" narrower on the slide. As stated, I don't ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who is Carrying a P938?

Quote Originally Posted by coltchris View Post
    The P238 is a little lighter, 0.4" shorter in length, & about 1/8" narrower on the slide. As stated, I don't pocket carry often & the P238 is more comfortable when I do.
    Thanks for your reply. I guess when we're talking about pocket guns even the smallest bit makes a difference! I'm going to go to LGS tomorrow and "pocket" both 238 and 938 to see if it makes a difference for me.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith3007 View Post
    I am a Glock advocate and really like all their models. However, I really love my 938 and carry it the most.
    So you're in my boat! How long did it take you to get used to the 1911 SA platform coming from a Glock? How do you carry, pocket?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    The P938 is a great back-up gun. I don't view mine as much of a primary, though. I can AIWB carry a G19 with shorts and untucked t-shirt no problem whatsoever, so in no-way would I replace a G19 with a P938 as a primary carry gun.

However, once in a while, for brief runs into a store, or at a gas station filling my tank, I do drop a P938 into my jeans back pocket. In that position, it may well be a very effective 9mm response to a demand for my wallet from a threat.

Reach for a wallet and come out with this

I'm a big fan of the PM9, but lately, my P938 has relegated my PM9 to standby status.
    Great looking gun! What holster do you use?

Thanks!

This looks like it might be a nice alternative for pocket carry:

Sig P238 290 938 Pocket Holster (Bottom of page)

Quote Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post
    I think it is a tad too big for pocket carry, but some think it's fine. I holster mine:

DoingOK,

did you make this holster?

looks pretty nice to me

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Love mine carry in a IWB from crossbreed at 3:00, use a S & W bodyguard for pocket carry, sig will fit in a pair of khakies for pocket carry don't think I would even try or suggest in jeans or dress slacks...great gun, great shooter
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Rharp View Post
    Where did you find the SAS model!?! I searched EVERYWHERE for one! I got sick of waiting and bought a stainless one with black grips. No melt, though. Your gun is the exact one I wanted
    I lucked into it when browsing for a two-tone P938 on Gunbroker. I saw the gentleman had it listed as a SAS version. Sig doesn't even show this gun on their own website so I thought it was a mistake. I got it for a great price($668) as well. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I could find one.

@Gun_Bushido- the holster is from Backwoods Leather in Virginia. It was made for my Solo CDP but my P938 fits perfectly.
    gun_bushido likes this.

I bought the Sig a couple of weeks ago (two tone with black grips) and tried it with one of those t-shirt holsters, the Kangaroo holster, loose in my pocket, the Remora tuckable, and finally last week, settled on the SmartCarry. I'm small in stature and for me, it's the most concealable and most comfortable, however, it would be easy to carry in a jacket pocket too, but it just doesn't work for me in my pants pockets. It's fairly heavy and it prints.

I purchased the Sig P238 (own a Sig P250 2Sum that came with full frame and subcompact 9mm frame). I carry the P238 pretty most days in my pocket. Works fine and I know I would be very happy with the P938 (but I already had a 9mm subcompact. I have two holsters. One is the Sig Wallet Holster and the other is the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I have a Crossbreed MiniTuck ordered and use a Crossbreed SuperTuck for P250 Subcompact. The P250 Subcompact holds 12 plus one.
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links