Who is Carrying a P938?

Who is Carrying a P938?

This is a discussion on Who is Carrying a P938? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a long time DA/Glock user and have recently found the need to pocket carry. I've decided on a 9mm and quickly settled on the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who is Carrying a P938?

Who is Carrying a P938?

I'm a long time DA/Glock user and have recently found the need to pocket carry. I've decided on a 9mm and quickly settled on the Kahr CM9. I had the chance to rent one and was happy with it. Unfortunately no one has any of them in stock. While waiting for my LGS to get one in stock I have fallen for how the Sig P938 feels in my hand and the balance for such a small gun. I rented one and have found that I'm accurate with it...maybe even more so than the Kahr.

So, I'm tempted to get a Sig as well as it seems the SA platform works better for ms than I thought. I'm NOT hung up about carrying in condition 1 so that's not an issue. I am curious though about how well it pocket carries. I know it's no LCP, but I do need to fit it in my casual dress pants and sometimes even jeans. How does it fit and what holster do you use? I've been leaning towards a remora.

Thanks for your input!
    gun_bushido likes this.

Whose carrying P938?

I carry the 938 and love it. Took 500+ rounds before the trigger STARTED to get smooth... But it was needed practice anyway. I've never had a FTF, FTE, or stovepipe with ANY ammo I've used in it.

I brought it brand new and unfired (but cleaned/lubed) to a defensive pistol training class as my backup gun to the one I planned on using for the course. The backup gun had an ejector come apart during my first magazine and I reluctantly grabbed the brand new 938 and my 238's crossbreed minituck holster (fits both 238 and 938 BTW). I was thrilled with how well it shot! 300 rounds without cleaning it that day... Very accurate, light, and reliable for me. After 600 rounds with the usual variety of factory ammo through it and not a single malfunction, I started trying various defensive ammo. Mine shoots the Speer regular pressure self defense JHPs the best and that's what I use for my carry ammo.

Over all, very accurate and reliable for me. I'm a light framed guy (5' 9"/ 145lb runner) and this thing disappears on me with a t-**** in my Crossbreed MiniTuck.

I can't recommend it enough. Well worth the money.

Whose carrying P938?

Sorry, forgot to answer your other question... It's a little too heavy for me to pocket carry with dress pants. IWB is about the only way I ever carry this one.

what speed wings said.

my 938 is my favorite of my pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Speedwings View Post
    Sorry, forgot to answer your other question... It's a little too heavy for me to pocket carry with dress pants. IWB is about the only way I ever carry this one.
    Thanks for feedback! I was really surprised how much I liked the SA setup. Having been used to the DA Glock style setup I thought I wouldn't like external safety etc. I think the SA really has helped my accuracy with the shorter trigger pull.

I'm probably going to carry it IWB some as well, but I really need a pocket gun. I know you said it was too heavy for you, but would it fit into your pockets(casual pants, jeans, etc) if weight wasn't an issue?

Thanks!

Waiting for my holster so I can carry mine!

The 938 just didn't fit my hand very well. The Kahr PM9, however, is a dream to handle and shoot.

VIP Member
    I have 2. I pocket carry them in a DeSantis holster. Excellent gun. Over 2000 rounds through each and they have been flawless. Get the 7 round mags...it improves the grip.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I would personally never pocket carry a SA pistol even if it had a thumb safety.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Will be my EDC next week when (1) of (2) holsters I have ordered arrives. Prefer my P238 for pocket carry, which I rarely do. Both are sweet guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would personally never pocket carry a SA pistol even if it had a thumb safety.
    even within a pocket holster that covers the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    The 938 just didn't fit my hand very well. The Kahr PM9, however, is a dream to handle and shoot.
    I really like the CM9 I shot. I'm gonna pick one up as soon as I can find one....which is the tricky part ;)!

I must admit though, I think I'm more accurate with the Sig.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCO View Post
    even within a pocket holster that covers the trigger?
    I'm with you, I don't understand why people are afraid to pocket carry a SA gun. It has a safety that my glock doesn't. Frankly, I could make an argument that having a thumb safety stops people from shooting themselves as they draw the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by coltchris View Post
    Will be my EDC next week when (1) of (2) holsters I have ordered arrives. Prefer my P238 for pocket carry, which I rarely do. Both are sweet guns!
    Curious why you prefer to pocket carry P238. It seems to be almost the exact size of the p938... The only real difference I can see is the P938's handle is a little longer...by a touch. Your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trex33 View Post
    I'm with you, I don't understand why people are afraid to pocket carry a SA gun. It has a safety that my glock doesn't. Frankly, I could make an argument that having a thumb safety stops people from shooting themselves as they draw the gun.
    I agree with Rollo. My concern is lint getting between the cocked hammer and the firing pin, possibly rendering the gun useless (it's happened).

If you are going to pocket carry a SA pistol cocked and locked, you will need to be very diligent about keeping it clean.

Having gone down the pocket 9mm path several times, I'm much happier with a .38 LCR in that particular role. YMMV.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links