Official m&p picture thread!

This is a discussion on Official m&p picture thread! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a long time Glock owner I was really impressed with how good the M&P felt in my hand at my LGS the other day. ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Official m&p picture thread!

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    As a long time Glock owner I was really impressed with how good the M&P felt in my hand at my LGS the other day. Prior to yesterday, I always overlooked the S&W semi auto's due to some bad experiences with a few of the S&W Sigma pistols. I tried the M&P full size in 40 and the Shield in 9mm. I think one will come home with me in the near future and could see a .40 Shield replacing the G27 for carry. I would love to try a compact 45 ACP down the road as well.

For the Glock owners, how does the M&P shoot compared to a Glock?

2. Remove Ads

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360551112.931509.jpg this is my set up for now. M&P 9mm with galco king tuk IWB holster! I love my set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    As a long time Glock owner I was really impressed with how good the M&P felt in my hand at my LGS the other day. Prior to yesterday, I always overlooked the S&W semi auto's due to some bad experiences with a few of the S&W Sigma pistols. I tried the M&P full size in 40 and the Shield in 9mm. I think one will come home with me in the near future and could see a .40 Shield replacing the G27 for carry. I would love to try a compact 45 ACP down the road as well.

For the Glock owners, how does the M&P shoot compared to a Glock?
    I own 2 M&Ps (FS .40 and 9c) and a G27gen4. The G27 def has the most recoil, it is pretty abrupt but isn't excess to me. That said, I'm 6'2 240 and am a big weight lifter. The full size M&P is very manageable, especially with 180gr loads. The design and ergos really take a lot of the snap out of the .40's recoil. I think a lot of this is a result of the M&P being basically designed around the .40 and having a very high bore axis. Of the three, the M&P9c is the most fun to shoot. All my guns are totally stock, my 9c was made in August 2012 and I strongly suspect it has the Shield trigger in it based on the feel and audible reset (I have also shot the Shield 9mm in the past). Oddly, I find the 9c to be the most fun to shoot of all the ones I own.

The Sigma, ehh I think S&W would probably like to disavow that one. I thought about going the Shield route, but after a lot of consideration and evaluation I went with the 9c.

I think the Sigma's left a sour taste for a lot of people. I don't mind the recoil of the G27 and actually shoot it better than the 22 or 23. Have around 3,000 rounds down the tube with mine. However, my wife does not like the 27's "snappiness" at all.

I think the Sigma's left a sour taste for a lot of people. I don't mind the recoil of the G27 and actually shoot it better than the 22 or 23. Have around 3,000 rounds down the tube with mine. However, my wife does not like the 27's "snappiness" at all.
    I have the G27 and the M&P40c. I can tell you the M&P has less felt recoil for a .40.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

How does the M&P carry compared to the 27?

How does the M&P carry compared to the 27?
    To be fair, I've only been carrying the G27 for 2 days now, but I have carried the M&P9c extensively. The 9c overall is slightly larger that the G27 and a little bit heavier, but not significantly. The Glock is more angular, the M&P more contoured. I'm wearing the G27 IWB right now at home to get used to it and while it is noticeable it isn't uncomfortable. I've never bothered to even try carrying the FS M&P, I know some do but it just seems totally impractical to me. That is my HD gun, it stays at home set up with a light/laser and extended mag. My carry guns are for carry, my range/HD guns are for that. I'm a major advocate for having a light mounted on HD guns, I think the compact M&P could be used as an all around weapon if that is the only handgun you own, but you would need to change the setup between carry and HD. I don't do that personally, but it is feasible (light, FS mag for HD, take those off and carry compact mag for carry).

I'm going to carry the G27 tomorrow, I dress casually for work (a benefit of being in a casual industry), I'll see how it is compared to the 9c and report back.

Tundra5.7. I have a G36 and a G23 Gen4. I love them both and they have both serve me well (G36 had a bit of a learning curve for me as it was my first .45 and I admittedly limp-wristed it a handful of times, G23 has been flawless). I was a full blown Glock fanboy until my wife changed me like she's changed so many things for me in the past (always for the better I might add). When it came time to buy her her first pistol I did absolutely everything I could to convince her to get a G19 Gen4 but she brought home an M&P9. I whined about their terrible, gritty, over travel-prone triggers the whole way home. Then we went to the range the next day, and as the Lord is my witness, I shot the best groupings I ever have with a pistol. Long story short, an M&P9c has now supplanted all my Glocks and I couldn't be happier. The grip feels better, the trigger though still minutely gritty in the uptake is a very consistent and light in the break, and the extra few ounces don't feel any different IWB but I honestly notice a positive difference in recoil compared to the G19 (buddy's G19) that I've shot many times. Glocks will always have a place in my heart but I honestly feel my eyes have been opened to the up and coming M&P line. I think we'll see more and more LEO's carrying them in the future over their beloved Glocks.

God Bless
    Philly Boy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    My M&P 40c P5040430.jpg

I'm a convert from M&P to glock. I like the M&P, the compact model just doesn't fit my hand very well. That and two very small other things, when I was breaking it in, it wouldn't feed steel cased rounds very well at all (I wanted a gun that would "eat anything and everything", it didn't, my glock does), and the take down lever popping back was a little annoying.

I think the M&P's are great though, I still would like to get a full size 9 one day.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Nice loadout, but do you really lug all that around every day?
    Yup, I carry the BG380 in a DeSantis pocket holster in my left pocket. And the M&P at 3:30 in the Remora and 2 mags on my weak side in kydex holders.

Re: Official m&p picture thread!

Quote Originally Posted by oBMTo View Post
    Here is my M&P 9FS:

Has:
    OEM Night Sights
    Apex AEK Trigger
    Apex DCAEK kit
    Apex RAM
    Pachmayr Grip
    Streamlight TLR-3
    (In a Pelican 1170 Case)
    Very nice!

Here's my 9c sear housing block getting an Apex RAM installed.

uploadfromtaptalk1360641525001.jpg

Installing my Apex FRE.

uploadfromtaptalk1360641578016.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I've been searching around for grip tape for M&P's and ran across X-treme grips. I think they look a lot better than Talon Grips and they come in rubber or granulate texture if you want it. Awesome stuff!!

13536_197953271894_494191_n.jpg13536_197953276894_6039741_n.jpg13536_197953291894_8132582_n.jpg

Sponsor
    Custom M&P with Beaver Tail Chop with Tree Bark texturizing:

M&P Beavertail Chop.jpg

M&P LW BT-1.jpg

M&P LW BT-2.jpg

M&P LW B.jpg

M&P LW E.jpg
    indykid likes this.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Lead Moderator
    Here is mine
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Guess I should play too.

Philly Boy likes this.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links