Official m&p picture thread!

This is a discussion on Official m&p picture thread! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=indykid;2601230] Originally Posted by zonker1986 my .40 M&P's I've never seen an M&P40L. Is that a custom job? I really like it! non catalog item ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Official m&p picture thread!

[QUOTE=indykid;2601230]
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    my .40 M&P's

I've never seen an M&P40L. Is that a custom job? I really like it!
    non catalog item I picked up off Buds after Christmas 2011.

LEO Contract overrun
    3-15 round mags
    Factory Night Sights (Mepros maybe)
    $398 Delivered.....a mans gotsta know where to shop.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

you guys say you will never convert from Glock but it seems kinda funny that you're drooling over this M&P pic thread.just saying.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

[QUOTE=MJB_17;2601360]
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post

That's a factory model. It is made in 9mm and .40, 5 inch barrel, basically their answer to the G34/35. As of a few weeks ago, there is also the new M&P CORE model that is designed for competition use and comes set up for mounting an optic on.
    There was no 40L in the Smith&Wesson Catalogue when I got this in late 2011....only the 9L. This was an LEO Contract overrun and was as rare as hens teeth, with
    three 15 round mags, night sights and a trigger mucho better than the standard M&P.
    Currently the only 5" 40 M&Ps are the competition Pro Model that you can see at the first link, or the new C.O.R.E model at the second link. There is not a standard 40L model
    available per the Smith website, but there is a 9L....same as when I picked my 40L up in December 2011.....for $398 Delivered off Buds Gun Shop.

Product: Model M&P40

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P40L Pro Series C.O.R.E.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRTEAGLE357 View Post
    you guys say you will never convert from Glock but it seems kinda funny that you're drooling over this M&P pic thread.just saying.
    I own several M&P's...but will always carry Glocks. My Glocks don't get jealous if I take my M&P's out for a night on the town on occasion.
    Quality and reliability come in many packages. M&P's are one of them.

My Shield and M&P

DSC_8222.JPG
    DSC_8221-001.JPG
    DandLfam likes this.

Glad I came into this thread! Lots of nice M&P's!! I'll get pics of mine soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgnfly View Post
    Glad I came into this thread! Lots of nice M&P's!! I'll get pics of mine soon.
    Enjoy your 7 round mags!
    ACS_Matt likes this.

SDG
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    I don't like it as well as I thought I would to be honest. I much prefer a minimalist IWB kydex holster. I really only wear my belly band when I need to tuck in a shirt overtop of it. I've had "tuckable" IWB holsters in the past and they're not truly tuckable because your shirt bunches up around the clips and it makes for an uncomfortable ride. I recently went to a formal banquet and wore my M&P9c in the belly band with a dress shirt tucked overtop. I'm a slim guy (6'0", 165lb, 32" waist) and this gun was absolutely gone. No printing, no bunched up shirt around the holster. In my opinion it's much less comfortable than a good thin kydex IWB but it certainly has it's merits when you need a tucked in shirt.
    Thanks for the info. I definitely prefer a think Kydex or injection molded (what I use) holster. It completely disappears and is very comfortable. For under $30, it's REALLY tough to beat. I've grown to really like the flashlight loop. Surprisingly, carrying a flashlight is not noticeable (by me or others). My only gripes are that it was not made in the U.S. (I thought it would be since it was "Engineered by Bladetech) and I wasn't thrilled about the 5.11 logo on the clip... would have preferred a full black clip like on the website. Regardless, I love this thing and plan to pick up another for a spare.

M&P-5.11Holster (640x382).jpg
    indykid likes this.

What geezers envision when the term M&P is brought up.

I'm sorry. Y'all don't hit me or anything. I've watched this thread for several days now. Just gotta add a little comic relief. And, it's not thread drift at all. It's undeniably a genuine Smith & Wesson M&P. There were a few differences in appearance when Smith & Wesson was crankin' 'em out back in 1926.

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    What geezers envision when the term M&P is brought up.

I'm sorry. Y'all don't hit me or anything. I've watched this thread for several days now. Just gotta add a little comic relief. And, it's not thread drift at all. It's undeniably a genuine Smith & Wesson M&P. There were a few differences in appearance when Smith & Wesson was crankin' 'em out back in 1926.

I wondered when you would throw one of those up.
    zonker1986 likes this.

OD*
    That is a real beauty, Bryan.
    BamaT likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Enjoy your 7 round mags!
    that's cruel man, just cruel....even for a Texan.
    Pyzik likes this.

nice pistol my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    Thanks for the info. I definitely prefer a think Kydex or injection molded (what I use) holster. It completely disappears and is very comfortable. For under $30, it's REALLY tough to beat. I've grown to really like the flashlight loop. Surprisingly, carrying a flashlight is not noticeable (by me or others). My only gripes are that it was not made in the U.S. (I thought it would be since it was "Engineered by Bladetech) and I wasn't thrilled about the 5.11 logo on the clip... would have preferred a full black clip like on the website. Regardless, I love this thing and plan to pick up another for a spare.

M&P-5.11Holster (640x382).jpg
    Thats an absolutely brilliant idea or 5.11 to come up with. I'm going to mod my IWB so I can clip my tac light onto it! I pocket carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro everyday and it can be uncomfortable at times. Do you carry this appendix or strong side?

Here is my first M&P. A 9mm shield with her clothes on. (sorry only pic I have). It will not be my last M&P! Will it make me sell my XD, no but why can't a guy have both brands?

Pyzik likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links