S&W Shield or Beretta 8040 Mini Cougar

This is a discussion on S&W Shield or Beretta 8040 Mini Cougar within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally got registered for a CHL class. I've got both a S&W Shield in 9mm and a Beretta Mini Cougar 8040 in .40SW. I ...

Thread: S&W Shield or Beretta 8040 Mini Cougar

I finally got registered for a CHL class. I've got both a S&W Shield in 9mm and a Beretta Mini Cougar 8040 in .40SW. I can't find any 9mm ammo right now and I don't know when that will change. I can still find .40 ammo. I've got about 100 rounds on hand of each caliber and some PDX1 in 9mm. Granted, by the time I get my CHL in the ammo situation may have changed greatly but I want to buy a holster now so I'll have it then and I've got enough spare cash to get a holster for one or the other. I'm aware I'm grossly underammoed (I think i made that word up) by most people's standards on here but I just got into guns last year and I've only been able to buy ammo as I shoot it.

Given my situation, would you stick with the Shield for your carry or would you switch to the 8040?

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Ammo availability aside, I think the consensus around here is shoot what you shoot best and are most comfortable with.

With that said, if you shoot your 40 more often because of ammo availability, that may be what you shoot best and are most comfortable with, and thus, may need to be your carry piece. You can always invest in another holster for your Shield later on when 9mm becomes more available and you can put more rounds through it.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Sponsored Links