Taurus pt 709: Short range report

This is a discussion on Taurus pt 709: Short range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got to the range and had a good shoot with my 709. Fired one box of Remington UMC 115 gr. MC with no FTF ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philly Boy

Thread: Taurus pt 709: Short range report

Finally got to the range and had a good shoot with my 709. Fired one box of Remington UMC 115 gr. MC with no FTF or FTE. For me, it shoots better will less recoil than the FDE Nano I shipped off to my son in Texas. It has a rear sight with elevation and windage adjustments and I think that's rare on a SC 19 oz. semi-auto. But, as many of you have noted , it's different guns for different guys--- or gals! So the long and short of it is this is the nicest compact or SC I have shot, after my XD9SC of course. So maybe Taurus did have a problem with its early reputation but, if this 709 Slim is any indication of their QC, they just may have turned the corner and deserve another look for a quality, relatively inexpensive handgun. Mine was $ 318 out the door from a dealer on Armslist. Have a good one Shooters!
    VBVAGUY likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Glad to hear you had a good run with your 709. They seem to be very well liked all around. I cant bring myself to pick one up but i had a very bad experience with taurus that has left me very bitter. Maybe one day though , I have eyeballed it more than once.

I have had a Taurus 709 slim w/ Crimson Trace laser that is now one of my CCWs for over 3 years now. It was an early model, that initially had severe teething problems with FTE. These issues prompted a warranty trip back to Taurus for a new extractor. Since then, it has been a tack driver. I carry it with either Rem GS or Hornady CD.

YMMV.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree.... I have a 709 and LOVE this gun!!!!! I have over 700 rounds through mine with ZERO issues. It is my main EDC and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reliable conceal carry gun.
    Tom
    Michigan CPL
    Taurus: 709 Slim
    Ruger: LC9
    Stoeger: Cougar 9mm
    Smith & Wesson: M&P .22

Sponsored Links