New pistol followed me home, range report too

This is a discussion on New pistol followed me home, range report too within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Posted earlier about the 1911 bug finding me today and so I went to my lgs to see what they had in stock. Not much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New pistol followed me home, range report too

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

New pistol followed me home, range report too

Posted earlier about the 1911 bug finding me today and so I went to my lgs to see what they had in stock. Not much of anything except 1911s really. I went in expecting to walk out with a kimber pro carry ii as that's basically all their website showed in stock.

Much to my surprise they had a few colts, few RIAs, a few kimbers and a couple of sigs. Not really doing any homework I played with the kimber ultra carry and the Sig ultra and decided on the Sig due to the way it felt plus I did not like the bushing tool required for the kimber. The next debate was to get the ultra or the crimson trace, only difference was the ultra being 3in barrel and the crimson being 4in and I really wanted the 3in. Both were priced the same at $899.99, the kimber ultra was priced at 869.99.

So after doing the required paperwork I bought the Sig ultra and also bought the daily limit of 2 boxes of ammo, a brick of 22 ammo (they just put it out and it was flying fast) and the last box of 357sig ammo and the daily limit of one spare magazine.

To my surprise, the Sig (unlike kimber) includes 2 magazines. The Sig also has a much nicer instruction book.

I brought all of this home, did a quick wipe of the gun and nothing more, grabbed my glock and some ammo for it and off to the range I went.

First I shot the glock. Love the 357sig and since I forgot my ear protection I had to use their cheap stuff and realize now how loud that round really is. I shot a few magazines but the desire to shoot the new Sig could not wait.

After changing targets, I sent the target out to 20 feet, an easy distance to shoot and pulled the trigger and hit bullseye. Great start. All in all I shot 100 rounds at different distances and although I may not have always hit center (im out of practice) I always hit within a reasonable area, always on target and in what would be considered vitals on a person.

My thoughts are this gun shoots very well, feels excellent and is very manageable. The recoil, although felt feels much better than the 357sig but I could shoot both for hours. The trigger is smooth and crisp, and the whole thing says "quality". I had zero issues, no fte. Ftf or anything which I am glad about

Honestly I'm glad I shot glocks before the Sig, or I'd more than likely never own anything else.

uploadfromtaptalk1360357190773.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1360357232839.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1360357264088.jpg
    ______
    Sent from my mobile device
    FlaRon, Kilowatt3 and Aceoky like this.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Re: New pistol followed me home, range report too

Oh and forgot to add that the gun was much easier to disassemble than my old kimber, putting it back together was a bit of a task finding the sweet spot for the take down lever.

______
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

That's a sweet looking pistol. Heard some good stuff about SIG 1911's. Congrats!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks. Hopefully it provides years of enjoyment.

______
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Great choice! Congrats!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

She's a Beauty. Congrats on the purchase of that fine piece of equipment.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Well, now that you've fed it, it will never go back home! At least that's what my mom always told me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Well, now that you've fed it, it will never go back home! At least that's what my mom always told me.
    Im not finding that to hold true, I have met several women in my 9 years of being single, fed them all, they still go home.

OT: Met a girl, she said I was perfect, told me only complaint she had was I needed to not have guns around. I told her sorry it wont work. She tells me she hopes my guns make me as warm at night as she could. I tell her my guns make me feel safe and secure at night and never get mad if I have more than one laying next to me. She was not happy.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Lol... at comment above.

Now it's time to figure out what's next... another Sig or another 1911. If you like that 357 sig cartridge... get the gun it was made for: The Sig P229.
    justherenow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    OT: Met a girl, she said I was perfect, told me only complaint she had was I needed to not have guns around. I told her sorry it wont work. She tells me she hopes my guns make me as warm at night as she could. I tell her my guns make me feel safe and secure at night and never get mad if I have more than one laying next to me. She was not happy.
    Good 1911's are really hard to find, just sayin.........
    justherenow likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Im not finding that to hold true, I have met several women in my 9 years of being single, fed them all, they still go home.

You're just not going to the right gun range!
    oneshot likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You're just not going to the right gun range!
    I think they need singles night at the range. Then they can do speed dating with a twist. Instead of sitting and talking for 2 minutes, they have people share a lane for a magazine or 2.
    ______
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

That's a very nice looking gun.
    justherenow likes this.

VIP Member
    If I were to invest in a 1911 pistol, it would be a sig.
    Very nice.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I'm happy with my buy. I have been watching YouTube videos and one thing a lot of them stress is checking the fit and tolerances, I can say this one is tight and has no rattle to it.

______
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links