Funny but cool: I can pocket carry my S&W M&P9c

This is a discussion on Funny but cool: I can pocket carry my S&W M&P9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Smith & Wesson M&P9c and recently got a Remora no-clip holster for it. I got the holster so I can carry the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ActAppalled

Thread: Funny but cool: I can pocket carry my S&W M&P9c

Funny but cool: I can pocket carry my S&W M&P9c

I love my Smith & Wesson M&P9c and recently got a Remora no-clip holster for it. I got the holster so I can carry the gun around comfortably while wearing shorts and sweats.

But today I decide to see if the gun will conceal in the front pockets of my Dickies. And, surprise!, it did. I had to use the flush magazine, but it concealed completely without much of a print:

I'll take more pictures later, but I was shocked, honestly. Of course I feel its weight but it's not unbearable, and it also unholsters well without catching anything. I've been thinking of a BUG for dedicated pocket carry, so I might just get a Glock 26 since it's slightly smaller than the M&P9c, and I know it'll fit.

Cheers, all.
    Last edited by skatalite; February 9th, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Nice! That's pretty low profile.

Wow. If that's how it looks in real life you can't tell. Just curious, how tall are you and what size pants do you wear? Are those exact fit size for you or did you go a size larger?

VIP Member
    Deep pockets are nice, I normally wear Wranglers jeans and they have such nice big pockets. At a gun show I purchased a 4 inch Smith Model 25 in 45LC, to avoid all the “how much you asking” questions I just dropped it in my right pocket, only about 1 inch of grip showed.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Deep pockets are nice, I normally wear Wranglers jeans and they have such nice big pockets. At a gun show I purchased a 4 inch Smith Model 25 in 45LC, to avoid all the “how much you asking” questions I just dropped it in my right pocket, only about 1 inch of grip showed.
    I had to think about that post for a second. At first I thought you pocketed the gun to avoid asking the dealer how much he was asking. Haha
    Hobo_Hunter likes this.

That's cool, but remember to test when you're walking around as well. I dropped an airweight in my pocket (no holster) and all was good until I started moving.

Looks well concealed but how is it for drawing? I can't imagine wrestling anything larger than my LCP from pockets like that.

Yeah I also wonder how easy it is to draw.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Wow. If that's how it looks in real life you can't tell. Just curious, how tall are you and what size pants do you wear? Are those exact fit size for you or did you go a size larger?
    I'm 5'7 and pant size is 40. I'm pudgy, haha. But they're proper fit. I actually wear Dickies because they have larger thighs than normal jeans I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Now that's a deep pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    That's cool, but remember to test when you're walking around as well. I dropped an airweight in my pocket (no holster) and all was good until I started moving.
    Walking around is nice. I feel it only because of its weight, but it doesn't flop around or anything. It fits my pocket "like a glove." I feel it more when I sit down because the pants tighten of course, but it doesn't look like there's a gun in there at all. Just a pouch-type thing. It could be a Samsung Galaxy Note for all anyone knows, heh. Those phones are big.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Looks well concealed but how is it for drawing? I can't imagine wrestling anything larger than my LCP from pockets like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wscottp7 View Post
    Yeah I also wonder how easy it is to draw.
    Drawing is super easy. The Remora does its job of staying put, but it also helps that the gun and holster fit so well inside the pocket. It's like a perfect fit, honestly. I've practiced drawing for about 30 minutes and can already do it faster than drawing from my IWB N82 Tactical Professional.

Thanks for the responses! I updated the photos in the original post, but here they are:

No way! You're right, it does look just like a large smartphone in those pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by ActAppalled View Post
    I had to think about that post for a second. At first I thought you pocketed the gun to avoid asking the dealer how much he was asking. Haha
    I was just having the same thought when I read this post...ActAppalled, you have no idea how much you made me laugh.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

VIP Member
    I sometimes carry my SW model 65 round butt 4 inch barreled 357 magnum with a bobbed hammer in a homemade pocket holster. I can comfortably carry it with hardly any type of pistol printing. It actually hides better then auto loaders I have of the same size. Dark colored clothes hid pistols very well...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I can do the same with my Glock 36. I was totally surprised. I just need a really good pocket holster now.

VIP Member
    Not the M&P, but a S&W99c (I suppose they are about the same size and shape) can be
    carried in a pocket. For me it is a bit of a snug fit but certainly not impossible. The particular
    pants make a difference. I'm 5 10 1/2 and about 200. The pockets on most 40 Wranglers work well.

Somewhere on this board Gasmitty suggested carpenter jeans. And it works well in those.

I don't like it for a carry gun (prefer something smaller and lighter) but it works.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Links