Want a .357 Sig Really Badly

This is a discussion on Want a .357 Sig Really Badly within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the gun you are looking for does not exist. Get a single stack 9mm or get used to something like a Glock 33. The only ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Want a .357 Sig Really Badly

the gun you are looking for does not exist. Get a single stack 9mm or get used to something like a Glock 33. The only single stack .357SIG of which I am
    aware is a SIG 239, and its an all steel 30oz gun, and IMO sucks for concealed carry.
    The recoil of a .357SIG out of a Glock 33 is ridiculously controllable.....and concealable.

Again, if the recoil of a .357SIG bothers you and the extra thickness of a double stack doesn't work for you, get a 9mm.

for me the only platform for the .357SIG...................

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

I've had a full size M&P 357 SIG, a Gen 3 32, and currently have a Gen 4 31. Just finished off 100 rounds an hour ago.

I can't say which is best. I like SIGs and Glocks. M&Ps are good as well. I guess it's ironic that I have never had my favorite breed of pistol (SIG) chambered for my favorite pistol round (357 SIG). While SIGs are my favorite, I shoot Glocks better. 357 SIG is a very powerful, very accurate, and very expensive round.

You won't find a 357 SIG in a platform the size of a Kahr or Shield. You wouldn't want it anyway. Recoil is very manageable, but she is a snappy round. You can't get lazy with your grip or stance the way you can with a 9 or the gun will make you pay in the form of misses and sore hands.

A Glock 32 or 33, an M&P compact, or a SIG 239 are most likely your best bets. On the other hand, I carry a full size Glock 31 with no trouble.
    zonker1986 likes this.

First off, thanks for all the responses so far. Though the responses aren't very encouraging, they're sort of confirming what I expected--if I want .357 sig, I have to move up in size.

I drive right by a Gander Mountain periodically, so when I get some time, I'll stop in and see if I can check out the SIG p250 and the H&K USPc. Maybe the M&P .357, too. (The P2000 SK's probably of my price range, unfortunately, though I'll keep an eye out on GunBroker.) To NCSoxFan, wscottp7, and multistage, I thought at first the p239 would be just right for me, until I handled the thing in person. As much as I wanted it, I realized I just couldn't conceal something that size with my build without wearing an extra layer.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    the gun you are looking for does not exist. Get a single stack 9mm or get used to something like a Glock 33. The only single stack .357SIG of which I am
    aware is a SIG 239, and its an all steel 30oz gun, and IMO sucks for concealed carry. The recoil of a .357SIG out of a Glock 33 is ridiculously controllable.....and concealable.

Again, if the recoil of a .357SIG bothers you and the extra thickness of a double stack doesn't work for you, get a 9mm.
    The recoil's fine, but yeah, it's the thickness that gets me. I have yet to seriously investigate the aforementioned SIG and H&K, so excluding those, I've pretty much resigned myself to a single-stacked .40. Figured it would be worth a forum post, though.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Maybe the issue is your carry gear. Do you use a purpose designed gun belt? Carry IWB or OWB? Tried AIWB? The reason I ask is anything within reason is concealable, even in shorts and a T. The smallest gun I carry regularly is a G23 and that's year round. I think you need to think about your gear and if you feel like you are printing vs. you are actually printing.
    kmagnuss likes this.

I own and carry a subcompact Sig 250. I can tell you that the slide on that gun despite what the specs say is thicker than the Glock 33.

One person said that the Sig 239 is all steel and it weighs 30 oz. That's not true; it has an aluminum frame and steel slide and weighs 26 oz. But, like all Sigs it is pretty big and somewhat clumsy for a gun that carries only 8 rounds.

IMO I think the Glock 33 is what you're looking for.

You must have a well paying job to afford to shoot a .357 Sig.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Re: Want a .357 Sig Really Badly

Quote Originally Posted by pat701 View Post
    You must have a well paying job to afford to shoot a .357 Sig.
    I just paid the same for .45 as I did .357sig

______
    Sent from my mobile device
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

I've owned 2 Glock 32's and I loved them. That frame size actually looks larger than it actually is. I'm only 5'6" and I have no problem concealing a Glock 19/32 size handgun. Seeing as how the 33 is basically a 26, I don't see how it wouldn't conceal easily? Hmmmm...then again you did say "summer" attire..... Yeah, nevermind what I just said. I could never conceal my 26 in Summer attire either. Oh well.....
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Buy the gun (size) you like in 40 S&W and then buy a 357 Sig barrel. The mags should be interchangeable and then you have two guns in one!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Carrying a gun is a commitment.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Carry this one....a top shot

R040607 likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Want a .357 Sig Really Badly

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Carry this one....a top shot

This is no doubt the best option available in the caliber you are looking for. H&K makes a terrific pistol: quality, accuracy, ergonomics. It is expensive, but worth it!

By the way, I carry an H&K USPc in .357sig and love it!

[QUOTE=zonker1986;2601885]The only single stack .357SIG of which I am aware is a SIG 239, and its an all steel 30oz gun, and IMO sucks for concealed carry.[/QUOTE

the Sig P239 is around 30 oz., but the frame is aluminum, which means it is NOT an, "all steel gun." and it conceals for me just fine. YMMV.

by the way, i've always loved your gun photos - you've posted some real beautiful shots. just great!

Same Here

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and found this thread because of the same need to find a 357 sig subcompact a la Kahr PM. My research has taught me that the closest thing to that is a Sig P224. I havent seen one yet, but it looks pocketable. Despite this, what I really want is that H&K P2000SK shown in the pics above. But it is a hard thing to come by, unless someone is willing to part ways with theirs! We will just have to keep looking.

I carry a subcompact p250 and have shot the glock 33, both are great guns here is some comparison:

Both triggers are great IMO, the Sig's trigger is a safer, smooth long draw DAO. The glock trigger is shorter and easier to master.

Both grips are large enough for my larger hands (I'm 6"00 200lbs) I can get enough of my pinky on the p250 and the glock has a extended grip mag available. Both also have nice aggressive texture.

My p250 came with some sweet nightlights, the glock didn't.

The p250 is slightly thicker, I'd happen to guess about 1/20".

Weight difference between the two feels roughly the same, the glock is probably slightly lighter but both are light enough for easy carry.

The P250sc has a 3.6" barrel compared to the g33's 3.4"

Both are great guns, you can't go wrong with the p250's or glock subcompacts.

Also I have no problem summer carrying my p250sc in gym shorts/t-shirts in IWB or with a belly belt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links