Handled a Kahr CW45 today...

This is a discussion on Handled a Kahr CW45 today... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...and made a few observations... ...have been considering a smaller .45 than the P90 and P97 that I love...found the Kahr only about 1 1/2" ...

Thread: Handled a Kahr CW45 today...

Handled a Kahr CW45 today...

...and made a few observations...
    ...have been considering a smaller .45 than the P90 and P97 that I love...found the Kahr only about 1 1/2" shorter than the P97 I was carrying...just a tiny bit thinner...and a tiny bit taller...and for that I sacrifice two rounds and have a lighter weapon with more felt recoil, a shorter sight plane, and less to hang onto...have decided that the P97 is as small as I'll go...

2. Remove Ads

I was recently looking at that gun online. How much were they asking for it?

...gently used...$400

I was considering one, but prefer the Glock.

paid $353 NIB for this CW45 about a year ago off of Buds Gun Shop. 6+1, 20oz unloaded, 1.0" thick, and excellent trigger make this a
    dream to carry. Compared to another bird of the same feather, the Glock 36. Eagerly waiting for the new Kahr CM45 which may
    be offered later this year depending on the pending gun legislation that may or may not come into effect this year.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Kahr, in my opinion, has perfected what a double action only trigger ought to feel like.

I have shot one of these and REALLY like it.

First off, I had expected quite a bit more recoil than other 45's... nope... not a problem at all.

Second, I thought that I would be less accurate with a DAO... nope... plenty combat accurate... I shoot this gun better, and handle it much easier than a Glock 36.

My only complaint is that I wish it were even smaller... I pocket carry and with a CW45, that's just not happening.

A CM9 though... a very viable option for pocket carry.

Links