Pocket gun

This is a discussion on Pocket gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well I dress business casual and wear slack so they arn't skin tight but not as loose as cargo pants either......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pocket gun

well I dress business casual and wear slack so they arn't skin tight but not as loose as cargo pants either...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    J frame. Best pocket carry there is.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

well im going to go monday and look at what the shop has in stock... I do like the idea of pocket carry simply because its easy to access plus works year round.. I will look at the 2 rugers... I also have to decide which caliber.. I would like to stay with a 9mm but their just not that small for a normal size pocket

If you are ok with a 380, it's hard to beat the lcp. I have one and I know I can always carry it. If you are going for a 9mm for the pocket, I would recommend the kahr cm9. I think the LC9 is a good gun but I wasn't a fan of the long trigger pull and the safety.

Quote Originally Posted by michael88997 View Post
    So currently I have a kahr cw9 and smart carry, I wear business casual to work, I find the smart carry to be getting uncomfortable after a few hours of working. So I was thinking of getting a small pistol that would be good for pocket carry or maybe even ankle carry. I had looked at the lc9, but is there a better value gun out there that's new or is that still one of the best to buy?

I'm 5'9 140lbs so I'm a small guy so it's hard to hide guns without printing
    Beretta 21 Bobcat in .25 Cal: that round I've heard penetrates 14". Gun is size of a piece of toast. Just bought a used one. Haven't shot it yet.

There's the Tomcat too: a .32 I think. Think it's a tad bigger than the Bobcat though it looks the same. (Not sure about size)

beretta484.jpg

If you like your CW9 but just need something more suitable for pocket carry, I suggest looking into the new CW380. They were just released, but it's essentially a P380 with the same cost cutting steps as your CW9, which in my opinion equals a better value.

Quote Originally Posted by michael88997 View Post
    well im going to go monday and look at what the shop has in stock... I do like the idea of pocket carry simply because its easy to access plus works year round.. I will look at the 2 rugers... I also have to decide which caliber.. I would like to stay with a 9mm but their just not that small for a normal size pocket
    If they have a Diamondback DB9, have a look at it as well. It is about the smallest 9mm around. You won't need to buy a lot of ammo, because shooting it is not pleasant. I like small revolvers myself. In a small weapon The 38Spl has some advantages.It is powerful enough to get the job done, but still won't beat your hand up too bad.

IMHO you can't beat an LCP for deep cover. When it is warm here and hard to conceal my Kahr CM9 (which I love) I can very easily conceal my LCP in a Ramora IWB with what ever I wear. Swim suit included.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

If you want a quality 9mm pocket gun, you should definitely check out the Sig P938.

Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    If they have a Diamondback DB9, have a look at it as well. It is about the smallest 9mm around. You won't need to buy a lot of ammo, because shooting it is not pleasant. I like small revolvers myself. In a small weapon The 38Spl has some advantages.It is powerful enough to get the job done, but still won't beat your hand up too bad.
    The DB9 has received several negative comments in other threads. My son gave me a DB9. We have over 500 rounds through her and no issues. It conceals so easy so I'm happy.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    If you want a quality 9mm pocket gun, you should definitely check out the Sig P938.
    + 1

I am also a fan of the P938. I have the Nightmare P938.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Beretta Nano. I've read good things about it, and I think it sells for around $400. I personally have never even seen one, but I believe it's smaller than the LC9, but weighs the same around 18 oz.

I went to bass pro today, they had the nano but no .380 guns at all... The nano did look nice but it's not that much smaller than my cw9, I don't think it would fit in my pocket easily... I could probably fit my cw9 on my ankle but not sure how fast of a draw that would be

i find the 380 tcp to be perfect for pocket carry. weighs 10 oz and fits the hands well. shoots good and does not jam. azrn

I like the idea of having a pocket holster but not sure if I want to get a .380 or stay 9mm... .380 here is about 10 bucks more a box for the cheap range ammo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links