Pocket gun - Page 3

Pocket gun

This is a discussion on Pocket gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think that you might be well served by a Kel-Tec P-11. It's small enough for pocket carry, and can pop out eleven rounds in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pocket gun

I think that you might be well served by a Kel-Tec P-11. It's small enough for pocket carry, and can pop out eleven rounds in a revolver-like fashion. I love mine, and carry it in a shoulder holster with all-day comfort. The P-9 is an even better bet for a small "pocket carry" auto.

Scott

S&W 442/642. I pocket carry one in slacks 3/4 days a week, no issues, never been made, easy as can be. Imo the best pocket gun option.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The p-11 does look nice, only slightly larger than the nano but 4 extra rounds and lighter. Depends on if I can find a gun shop with any stock and might take used guns

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    S&W 442/642. I pocket carry one in slacks 3/4 days a week, no issues, never been made, easy as can be. Imo the best pocket gun option.
    ^^^This^^^

A J Frame 442/642, while larger than many pocket pistols, tend to conceal better in the pocket than a bottomfeeder due to the rounded shape of the cylinder (IMHO).

I've pocket carried a 642 for over 5 years in either a Nemesis or Mika holster, and it's the perfect pocket gun for me. More powerful than a .380, and the 135gr +p short barrel Gold Dots are a great round designed specifically for a snub. Don't discount the snub in your search.
    Snub44 and Fingerman like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by michael88997 View Post
    The p-11 does look nice, only slightly larger than the nano but 4 extra rounds and lighter. Depends on if I can find a gun shop with any stock and might take used guns
    Aw, just order the darned thing! I love the pistol and it's 11 shots quick. (Instant Excedrin Headache # 9!)

Scott

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I can see how smart carry can become uncomfortable at work. Thus, why don't you try getting a different holster for the Kahr PM9 that will be more comfortable while sitting down? Something like a IWB holster at 4 O'Clock by Crossbreed or Compact or even a Small of the Back holster.

If you are dead set on pocket carry, your best bet is a J Frame revolver in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. The Ruger LCP is tiny and will be the most concealable weapon on the market, but you will have to rely on a .380 round and a pistol with very poor sights. With the J Frame you will be able to conceal just as well, it is extremely reliable and the .38SPL round's stopping power is solid.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

The 442/642 look nice but from what I've seen inside a pocket holster they get kinda bulky and might not fit in my pockets...

But I can't find any gun stores online or local that have anything, their all sold out

I've really wanted a revolver for a while cause I like their look.. If I could find a shop that had some in stock I can wear my dress cloths and try them out...

I have looked at the n82 tactical tuckable holsters cause I had their original and liked it. I'm not a big fan of the holsters with 2 clips cause their pretty easy to spot, I just like the idea of pocket carry cause the ease and quickness to draw

I'm going to try and find a shop with a p-11 and a revolver and compare... Might have to just try a different holster until this gun crap settles down

In my area there are no guns or ammo anywhere

Does the name, "www.Gunbroker.com" hold any meaning for you?

No. Why?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Look at the Kimber Solo 9mm. The perfect pocket carry 9. Sweet trigger and accurate shooting.
    Mine has been perfect...not one single misfire. Similar in size to the Kahr PM9, which is also a great pocket carry gun. However, the Kimber has more rounded edges and just looks better, IMO.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

For less money, the Kel Tec PF9 is good "bang for the buck". Slightly larger than the Solo or PF9 and more "plain jane." Mine has been reliable and accurate. $270.

Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Ya I did look at the kimber solo, the cm9 is a little smaller and cheaper, but can't find those two anywhere... I'm going to go back to bass pro tomorrow in work attire and see how the nano fits

Re: Pocket gun

Quote Originally Posted by godawgs82 View Post
    For less money, the Kel Tec PF9 is good "bang for the buck". Slightly larger than the Solo or PF9 and more "plain jane." Mine has been reliable and accurate. $270.

+1 love mine $250 and 300 rounds later with not a single problem.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links