Defensive Carry banner

Pocket gun

7K views 58 replies 36 participants last post by  MJClark 
#1 ·
So currently I have a kahr cw9 and smart carry, I wear business casual to work, I find the smart carry to be getting uncomfortable after a few hours of working. So I was thinking of getting a small pistol that would be good for pocket carry or maybe even ankle carry. I had looked at the lc9, but is there a better value gun out there that's new or is that still one of the best to buy?

I'm 5'9 140lbs so I'm a small guy so it's hard to hide guns without printing

#2 ·
I have an LC9 and do like it. Very easy for pocket carry, very slim. Also had an LCP but it was just a bit too small for my hand. Not sure what you mean by value. I thought the price was great on the LCP.

#4 ·
I looked at most of the small pocket pistols, and went with the Kahr P380. No regrets. It's every bit as concealable as an LCP, and much easier to shoot. None of the small 9mm options equal the P380 in terms of pocketability.

#6 ·
You might want to consider a LCR .38 revolver as well. It's larger than some of the other suggestions, but still light in weight. The size can always be accommodated, if necessary, by simply having a tailor deepen your pocket.

#7 ·
Nothing wrong with the LCP or LC9, I have one of each. But I carry my LCR most often and love the simplicity of a revolver.

#9 ·
I pocket carry my LC9 in a leather pocket holster. works ok. I just picked up a sig 938 EQ and a leather pocket holster I am going to try it.
The LC9 is probably the better choice for carry since it costs less than half and has the DAO set up. I just hate the trigger. The Sig is SA so will be cocked and locked.

#17 ·
J frame. Best pocket carry there is.

Reactions: BigJon10125
#18 ·
well im going to go monday and look at what the shop has in stock... I do like the idea of pocket carry simply because its easy to access plus works year round.. I will look at the 2 rugers... I also have to decide which caliber.. I would like to stay with a 9mm but their just not that small for a normal size pocket

#22 ·
If they have a Diamondback DB9, have a look at it as well. It is about the smallest 9mm around. You won't need to buy a lot of ammo, because shooting it is not pleasant. I like small revolvers myself. In a small weapon The 38Spl has some advantages.It is powerful enough to get the job done, but still won't beat your hand up too bad.

#19 ·
If you are ok with a 380, it's hard to beat the lcp. I have one and I know I can always carry it. If you are going for a 9mm for the pocket, I would recommend the kahr cm9. I think the LC9 is a good gun but I wasn't a fan of the long trigger pull and the safety.

#20 ·
Beretta 21 Bobcat in .25 Cal: that round I've heard penetrates 14". Gun is size of a piece of toast. Just bought a used one. Haven't shot it yet.

There's the Tomcat too: a .32 I think. Think it's a tad bigger than the Bobcat though it looks the same. (Not sure about size)

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Revolver

#23 ·
IMHO you can't beat an LCP for deep cover. When it is warm here and hard to conceal my Kahr CM9 (which I love) I can very easily conceal my LCP in a Ramora IWB with what ever I wear. Swim suit included.

#28 ·
I went to bass pro today, they had the nano but no .380 guns at all... The nano did look nice but it's not that much smaller than my cw9, I don't think it would fit in my pocket easily... I could probably fit my cw9 on my ankle but not sure how fast of a draw that would be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.