Pocket gun

Pocket gun

This is a discussion on Pocket gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So currently I have a kahr cw9 and smart carry, I wear business casual to work, I find the smart carry to be getting uncomfortable ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pocket gun

Pocket gun

So currently I have a kahr cw9 and smart carry, I wear business casual to work, I find the smart carry to be getting uncomfortable after a few hours of working. So I was thinking of getting a small pistol that would be good for pocket carry or maybe even ankle carry. I had looked at the lc9, but is there a better value gun out there that's new or is that still one of the best to buy?

I'm 5'9 140lbs so I'm a small guy so it's hard to hide guns without printing

I have an LC9 and do like it. Very easy for pocket carry, very slim. Also had an LCP but it was just a bit too small for my hand. Not sure what you mean by value. I thought the price was great on the LCP.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

The LC9 is just about the same size as the CW9. I have an LCP and it goes in my pocket in the morning and I forget it's there. Of course, it is a 380 but when my dress demands stealth, the LCP works well.

I looked at most of the small pocket pistols, and went with the Kahr P380. No regrets. It's every bit as concealable as an LCP, and much easier to shoot. None of the small 9mm options equal the P380 in terms of pocketability.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I know it's a great value, I just want to make sure for the money there isn't anything that could be considered better.. I have felt the lcp before and I can make it fit in my hand pretty easy

You might want to consider a LCR .38 revolver as well. It's larger than some of the other suggestions, but still light in weight. The size can always be accommodated, if necessary, by simply having a tailor deepen your pocket.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    You might want to consider a LCR .38 revolver as well. It's larger than some of the other suggestions, but still light in weight. The size can always be accommodated, if necessary, by simply having a tailor deepen your pocket.
    Nothing wrong with the LCP or LC9, I have one of each. But I carry my LCR most often and love the simplicity of a revolver.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I'm sure the kahr is nice but it's double the price, and I did look at the lcr and when I go to a store hopefully they will have both of those and a few others to look at

VIP Member
    I pocket carry my LC9 in a leather pocket holster. works ok. I just picked up a sig 938 EQ and a leather pocket holster I am going to try it.
    The LC9 is probably the better choice for carry since it costs less than half and has the DAO set up. I just hate the trigger. The Sig is SA so will be cocked and locked.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I carry the Kahr PM9 in my right front pocket from the time I get up until I go to bed.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

What about some of the pocket size 9mm? I have looked at the cm9 but its not that much smaller than mine I currently have

Kahr CM9, there's no substitute

Ya I've never held a cm9, online it looks like its about 1/2 in shorter in length and height... Not sure if that would make a huge difference or not

All depends on how you dress - wear cargo pants and anything fits

Either a S&W 642 or a LCR.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links