Good advice for glock gen3 grip

This is a discussion on Good advice for glock gen3 grip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my g23 and g17 after years of use are starting to wear at the grip. What I mean is that the texture on the ...

Thread: Good advice for glock gen3 grip

So my g23 and g17 after years of use are starting to wear at the grip. What I mean is that the texture on the sides is worn and slightly slick at times. So what does one do to fix this? Should I consider sending it out to get some work done from a custom shop and have it stippled or is there another alternative for a gun that is carried iwb?

Any advice?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I purchased a Pachmayr tactical glove for my Glock 19 and I've been quite pleased. It's a pretty cheap add-on, adds considerable grip and comfort, and it doesn't add much thickness to the grip. I would say it's probably your easiest option.

Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads

There are a number of inexpensive things you can do yourself to enhance the grips without having major work done on it. Adhesive panels can be had which are made to fit the Glock pistols, or you can make your own out of "skateboard" tape. Also there are various grip sleeves from Pacmayer or Hogue that slide right over the grip frame. You can usually find some on most retail gun sites, or even on Amazon. Or just a section of bicycle inner tube works well.

I have carried a gen3 Glock 17 for years with a Hogue grip and was very pleased with it. When I bought a gen4 19 I trimmed the Hogue ( I think it's called a Hand All) and put it on that. It does make the grip slightly fatter, but if you have large hands it is not a problem. Hope this helps.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

AGrip

I received an "AGrip" from Brooks Tactical for Christmas a few years ago. I was dubious at first as it seemed like just a sticker to put on the grip, but it turned out to be really nice. I't a soft, almost microfiber feel and does not get slippery when your hands sweat a bit on a hot summer day at the range.
    The AGrip wraps around your grip and is tight enough that you can see all of the markings molded into your grip through the wrapper. I've been very happy with it.

Get it stippled. Nothing better!

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Talon rubberized.

Hogue Handall is another option, I use one on my M&P 40. I like that it has finger texturing that fits the hand nicely.

Links