Need some advice for a 9mm.

This is a discussion on Need some advice for a 9mm. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gunmetal Are you particularly interested in stainless for its appearance, or for its corrosion resistance? I think the answer will affect the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice for a 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal View Post
    Are you particularly interested in stainless for its appearance, or for its corrosion resistance? I think the answer will affect the direction of the thread.
    I am interested in stainless for long term durability and everyday wear. I have a few stainless guns now (only one that I regularly use .357 revolver Taurus) and they seem to be wearing better than my others (in and out of holsters, near body, also moving to Florida beach soon!)

Plus the last few guns I bought were blued (tennifer, etc.) and it is time to catch my collection up with a stainless version.
    Last edited by walther1; October 28th, 2006 at 11:02 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    Is this a stainless steel gun? I held one the other day at a store and liked it, but they only had the blued version. I want to mix it up a bit as I was looking around today and the only stainless gun I have is a revolver. I wouldn't mind having a new stainless gun.

Anyone know when the SA EMP will come out? Anyone know the price? Anyone know if the thing will even work?

Thanks.
    The M&P is a black SS gun only. It is not blued! It is stamped "Stainless" on the side.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have shot the Walther, and I really thought I was going to like it. I was not impressed. Now that CZ I can get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAirDriver View Post
    I pulled this picture off of the CZ forums- CZ 75 Compact. 14rds, stainless, 9mm. This is one of the sweetest looking guns I've ever seen, IMO. I almost ordered one of these, but bought my HK USPc instead. The guy that owns this one said he had it hard chromed. www.budsgunshop.com has CZ 75 Compacts (satin nickel finish) for around $430 IIRC.

Pax
    Tulsa, OK

The EMP is now available but, only in limited qauntities for the near future and with a price around $1000.00 I have not read or heard anything about its reliability and functioning yet. I know you said you want stainless but, Beretta will be releasing their new PX4 compact soon and it looks awesome. Check it out at Berettaweb.com
    I'm going to pick one of those up as soon as I can.
    Nick.

VIP Member
    Walther 1..how bout a Taurus millenium pro pt 111 in stainless over comp. 12 round mag....way under 600.00...just thinkun...

kg

got yourself $600.00 to spend. then i would get a kel-tec p11 and with the rest of the money i would buy lots of 9mm ammo, a good holster, and the kel-tec belt clip. or,,, you could get a glock 26 and/or 19 (but you will not have money to but ammo and holster). now i known that both gun are not stainless, but if you wipe the gun down once a week you will not have any problems.

I went to the store today and looked at many different handguns. I liked the Warthog from Para ordnance. I also like the Taurus MIllenium Pro. I guess what I am looking for is something I like but do no love. I really liked the CZ 75 (only held blued version not compact) but am unfamiliar with the company. I am a little hesitant on buying something like CZ with not much familiarity.

As for Glock, (response to Simon) I like them, but an uncertain about owning one. i really like the Glock 26 but am not in love with it. The guns I own I love and those are ones I would bet my life on.

Thanks for everyone's comments. It is great that you guys are getting me to think. I would have never considered Para or CZ, but now I am thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    not liked by all...
    I like my Beretta 9000S in 9mm...
    Great little gun...
    SA or DA
    Decocker
    Carry 'cocked and locked'
    Never had a problem with mine...

ret
    For what it's worth, I love my 9000 as well. It is a great gun for carrying. But it is not stainless, so it doesn't fit the OP 's needs.

Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    I went to the store today and looked at many different handguns. I liked the Warthog from Para ordnance. I also like the Taurus MIllenium Pro. I guess what I am looking for is something I like but do no love. I really liked the CZ 75 (only held blued version not compact) but am unfamiliar with the company. I am a little hesitant on buying something like CZ with not much familiarity...

...I would have never considered Para or CZ, but now I am thinking.
    You should have no qualms about CZ. They are great quality guns and, with no polymer base, you're probably less likely to get a FTF error with them than with Glock or some of the other polymers.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    You should have no qualms about CZ. They are great quality guns and, with no polymer base, you're probably less likely to get a FTF error with them than with Glock or some of the other polymers.
    I agree, and although I still don't own a CZ, I've really heard nothing but good things about them...I WILL own one eventually though! They sound like a really well made gun at a decent price!

The Para sounds good to me.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

It depends on your need for concealment

Either the Kahr K9 or one of the CZs.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar

Springfield mini 9mmP 1911.

Have you considered the new 9mmP Springfield mini 1911? It is written up in Shooting Times this month. It is more than a bit pricy, but it looks pretty good if you like the 1911 type of pistol.

Fitch

Heard the Springfield 1911 9mm was over $1000!

That is starting to get serious! I liked that gun a lot though. I am really leaning on getting a CZ 75 B stainless.

I know the CZ75B stainless is full size (kinda wanted a compact gun) but I am sure I will be able to find a way to hide it. I just have to start thinking (IWB, belly band, etc.).

Thanks again for all the comments.

First auto I bought is a CZ-75 Compact 9mm. I like the Gun. I've fired about 500 rounds with no FTF.

It would have been nice to shoot some other guns though. There is a range in town where I could have rented some and checked them out. After reading more about Glocks, I'm wanting one of those too.

CZ is a good gun, but if you have a range you can rent a gun at you might want to shoot the Glock and some others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links