Need some advice for a 9mm.

This is a discussion on Need some advice for a 9mm. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market for a new gun and am looking for a 9mm (yes it has to be 9mm) stainless steel compact gun. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice for a 9mm.

I am in the market for a new gun and am looking for a 9mm (yes it has to be 9mm) stainless steel compact gun. Would like all stainless but could have stainless slide and composite everywhere else.

I would like to have something similar in size to a Walther P99c (compact) or smaller. I would like it to hold 10 rounds of ammo (or in that neighborhood) and would like to spend no more than $600. What do you guys and girls think? Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, I like to buy new so I get warranties and all that stuff.

Thanks in advance for all your help! This forum is filled with great people and I am enjoying it immensely!

Walther1

Check out the S&W M&P9 Compact that just hit the streets.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Is this a stainless steel gun? I held one the other day at a store and liked it, but they only had the blued version. I want to mix it up a bit as I was looking around today and the only stainless gun I have is a revolver. I wouldn't mind having a new stainless gun.

Anyone know when the SA EMP will come out? Anyone know the price? Anyone know if the thing will even work?

Thanks.

Steyr S9-A1, or the first gen S9 if you don't have to have new. There's plenty on the net about them so I won't rehash it here, but these are great guns. I have 2 and will probably get a couple more.

Pax
    Tulsa, OK

VIP Member
    Take a look at the SIG P239.

P239 Two-Tone
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I don't shoot a 9mm, but if you want a stainless steel compact gun, I would look into ParaOrdnance. I have one in .45. Another one to look at would be Kahr arms. They have some nice compact pistols in stainless and 9mm also. Good huntin' !

I really like my Ruger P95 9mm, especially after I put a Hogue rubber grip on it. Wasn't every expensive either - I think about $400 after taxes.

Administrator

I pulled this picture off of the CZ forums- CZ 75 Compact. 14rds, stainless, 9mm. This is one of the sweetest looking guns I've ever seen, IMO. I almost ordered one of these, but bought my HK USPc instead. The guy that owns this one said he had it hard chromed. www.budsgunshop.com has CZ 75 Compacts (satin nickel finish) for around $430 IIRC.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I'm pretty fond of the Smith and Wesson's 3913...compact and super reliable...it was my second choice after my P7M8. I'd recommend the P7 but they are a niche gun and not for everyone... and a bit heavy for a 9 shot 9MM

Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    Would like all stainless but could have stainless slide and composite everywhere else.
    Are you particularly interested in stainless for its appearance, or for its corrosion resistance? I think the answer will affect the direction of the thread.

Light...Small...

not liked by all...
    I like my Beretta 9000S in 9mm...
    Great little gun...
    SA or DA
    Decocker
    Carry 'cocked and locked'
    Never had a problem with mine...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

you might want to look at the springfield xd-9mm stainless sub-compact. the price rance is $430-500.
    Last edited by afeazell21; October 28th, 2006 at 04:32 AM. Reason: wrong spelling of word
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

VIP Member
    You may like the Glock model 19....I sure do.Rent a couple different makes and models at a gun range if possible...if nothing else you would have a lot of fun shooting!

If you want a Walther, buy a Walther

The poster's name is Walther 1 and he said he wanted a Walther P99c in 9mm, only with a stainless slide. He seemed to reject the alternative of a S&W M&P compact, which has a blackened stainless slide, so I presume that he wants the light color of stainless more than the metallic properties of stainless.

I think the obvious solution is for him to buy a Walther P99c and have the slide hardchromed, which will cost about $100. Hardchrome has an appearance almost identical to stainless, and very good physical properties as well. You can simply send your slide by itself to vendors like Tripp Research in Texas and they will do the plating work and send the slide back. I have two Glocks with hardchromed slides and they are easily mistaken for stainless. Here is one of them in a holster:
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links