Carried A New Weapon Today!

This is a discussion on Carried A New Weapon Today! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I was out virtually all day doing errands and carried my newly acquired Glock 27 with me. It rode OWB in a SERPA holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carried A New Weapon Today!

Today I was out virtually all day doing errands and carried my newly acquired Glock 27 with me. It rode OWB in a SERPA holster I had from when I owned a G22, I don't usually carry OWB but it was rainy and cold here so I had a jacket on. Much less bulky/heavy that I expected, I only have the standard 3 flat base mags it came with right now and carried a spare in my pocket. I wasn't totally sure if I wanted to keep this gun, but after taking it to the range to prove it's reliability and then carrying it for a day, I'm sold. It will join my EDC rotation with my M&P9c and PF9. I've never routinely carried a Glock before, when I owned my G22 I didn't have a CHL yet, they really aren't as hard to conceal as it seems. Next mission is to get a dedicated IWB holster and at least some pinky extensions for the mags, if not some G22/23 mags. A .357 Sig barrel is a potential, I'm evaluating that for the time being.

It's very difficult to leave the 'dark side' once you've found out about the simplicity and dependability of Glock.
    Some folks hate 'em...others swear by 'em...
    Glad you're happy with your choice.

It's VERY good that now everyone 'knows' about Glock, it would only make them more expensive and harder to get.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on your choice. I've had a G27 for a few years and agree that it makes a good carry gun. After fooling around with all the mag extensions and other things that can be put on it ( money that would have been better spent on practice ammo ), I decided it was at its best in its original form. I added some night sights, got a quality holster and called it good. It has never failed me in any way and I feel very well armed. I bet you will too.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    Congrats on your choice. I've had a G27 for a few years and agree that it makes a good carry gun. After fooling around with all the mag extensions and other things that can be put on it ( money that would have been better spent on practice ammo ), I decided it was at its best in its original form. I added some night sights, got a quality holster and called it good. It has never failed me in any way and I feel very well armed. I bet you will too.
    I forgot to mention this in the original post, but sights are another thing I'm going to look into. I'm not a big fan of the Glock goal post sights, I might go with some kind of 3 dot setup.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I carry a G26. Sorta like the difference between a .38 and a .37.

BTW I have some Glock night sights for sale. (Ya, that was a shameless plug. )
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Congrats on the new Glock!

I love my G27. I tried the extended mag bases but went back to the flat base because it was much easier to conceal, they didn't help much with control, and they tended to pinch my fingers when swapping mags under pressure (more a distraction than anything). I went through several holsters and finally found the ideal holster - Milt Sparks VM2. Extremely comfortable - you can wear it all day and almost forget about it, great concealment, and easy to draw and reholster. This setup is a winning combination from my perspective.

I have the G27 also. I liked the way it shot better than my G23. The G23 went to the gun shop today to find a new home. I have 3 magazines, so that is a capacity of 28 rounds. If that isn't enough, you could carry a couple of G22 mags. I have been using an Old Faithful holster , (leather back, kidex front).

Glocks are kind of like a girl that is not so pretty, but boy can she cook.

agree on the Milt Sparks, I also use a summer special IWB you dont even know you have it on

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I carry a G26. Sorta like the difference between a .38 and a .37.

BTW I have some Glock night sights for sale. (Ya, that was a shameless plug. )
    Except 9 and .40 are very similar in power and .357 is several magnitudes more powerful than .38.

What kind of sights? PM me I may buy them I'm two hours south of you.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Excellent choice. I loved my G27 and used it as my EDC until my wife shot if for the first time. She now has it and I have sadly had to buy another gun (sadly in a good way).
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Welcome to the glock family again
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    I have the G27 also. I liked the way it shot better than my G23. The G23 went to the gun shop today to find a new home. I have 3 magazines, so that is a capacity of 28 rounds. If that isn't enough, you could carry a couple of G22 mags. I have been using an Old Faithful holster , (leather back, kidex front).

Glocks are kind of like a girl that is not so pretty, but boy can she cook.
    That is a good idea about the G22 mags, now if I could actually find some! I carry a full size M&P9 mag in my center console in the truck with an X Grip on it, I plan to do the same if/when I acquire full size Glock mags. For now, the order of the day is going to be one mag in the weapon and a spare in my pocket, same as I do with the 9c.

Re: Carried A New Weapon Today!

The G27 is my EDC. I put a Pierce +1 extension on one of my magazines that I use when the gun is in the bedside safe at night.

I carry the 27 all day long in a Maxtuck from White Hat Holsters. Give these guys a look I'm Gerry happy with mine Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I carry a G27 with Trijicon 3 dot night sights as my off duty gun in a Bianchi Carry Lock. I find I shoot the subcompact Glocks better than all the larger Glocks...with the exception of the Glock 17. Check out the XS night sights for Glocks. I really like these sights for a cc gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links