I wrote in another post that I had the opportunity to trade a Springfield XD-9 Service for a Glock 36. I ended up taking the trade, because in a few months I will be able to get a Glock 19 or 17 to replace the Springfield. I plan on using the 9mm to do 75% of my practice, the other 25% will be the .45 ACP, which will also be my carry gun.
I thought I would have some trouble finding ammunition and another magazine for the Glock, but I was able to get plenty of FMJ, a couple boxes of Hornady Critical Duty, and a 3rd magazine. I will be heading to the range tomorrow afternoon to give the G36 a good breaking in. I also will be trying out my new GoPro Hero3 so I will have some nice video.
I gave the Glock a few modifications to make it "my" gun. I polished the chamber, feed ramp, trigger connector bar, and sear. I undercut the trigger guard to fit my middle finger higher and stippled the grip. I also have a Punisher slide plate coming in just for looks and a Ghost Rocket 3.5 pound trigger connector with the 6 pound striker spring. This is going to be my carry gun from now on. At least until Glock comes out with something better.
Until I post my range report, enjoy this Glock porn.