Which .45acp to get?

This is a discussion on Which .45acp to get? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank you for all of the fantastic insight! I have my eyes set on the G30S right now. I love the 10 round capacity, and ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Which .45acp to get?

Thank you for all of the fantastic insight!

I have my eyes set on the G30S right now. I love the 10 round capacity, and I do have slightly smaller hands so I'm thinking it will fit pretty nicely. I've shot the Glock 23 and found that it set very nicely in my hands. I'm going to go to my lgs/local range and rent one to try out. I'll get back to you with results!

-Nicholas

2. Remove Ads

Springer XDs.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

P220 Carry

Glock-36, or the Glock-30...basically the same gun, the '36' is a bit lighter and my EDC...so I'm biased.
    Glock means simplicity and dependability, easy break down and cleaning, ready to go out of the box.
    rugergunner likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Which .45acp to get?

M&P45c great carry gun!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360545803.707903.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360545851.044229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    longhornfan6 likes this.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    I personally am a big fan of the G30, but the G36 is more concealable.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

How does the M&P45c fit someone with smaller hands? It's a 10+1 correct? Can you tell me how it compares to the G30s in terms of how it feels in the hand?

im gona get a glock 21 gen 4 next week, my lgs is suppose to have some but if not ill just order one and wait

Get a Sig P250.

That way if you want to turn your 45 into a .380, 9mm, 357Sig, or a 40S/W, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ndoubleyoua View Post
    Thank you for all of the fantastic insight!

I have my eyes set on the G30S right now. I love the 10 round capacity, and I do have slightly smaller hands so I'm thinking it will fit pretty nicely. I've shot the Glock 23 and found that it set very nicely in my hands. I'm going to go to my lgs/local range and rent one to try out. I'll get back to you with results!

-Nicholas
    I carry the Glock 36SF in a Desantis holster. It's an IWB. (inside the waistband) I think you'll like it. It's comfortable. I also liike the 10+1 load out. Only 3 rouunds shy of my full size Glock 21. I've never pulled the trigger on either Glock and it didn't go bang. I think you like the G36 a lot.

Which .45acp to get?

Quote Originally Posted by ndoubleyoua View Post
    How does the M&P45c fit someone with smaller hands? It's a 10+1 correct? Can you tell me how it compares to the G30s in terms of how it feels in the hand?
    The M&P45c has 8+1 capacity with both the flush fit mag and the one with the finger extension. All the G30 models have 10+1 capacity with the finger extension and 9+1 with the flush fit mag. While both are double stack, the G30 is wider in the grip. There is a G30sf (small frame) which has a shorter trigger reach (most forward point of beaver tail to the trigger). The 30s has the same frame with a 1.18" slide width as opposed to the 30sf/30 which has a 1.27" slide width. All that to say the 30s has the same frame (grip) as the 30sf but with a slimmer (lighter) slide. I personally would take the 3 extra ounces with the wider slide to tame the recoil. Now to answer you question, the M&P45c has a smaller all round grip that any Glock and would certainly fit smaller hands better, particularly with the small back strap in place. I have shot both and hands down prefer the M&P45c to the G30. I'd suggest going to gunblast.com and searching for the M&P45c there. Jeff has a very nice table laid out in the review that compares the G21 to the M&P. The G21 is going to be dimensionally identical to the G30 in grip circumference.

God Bless

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I prefer the Para guns 005.jpg kimber is also very nice
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Looks like I'm going to have to shoot the M&P, and the G30 (sf). Hahah, I hope that my local range has them for rent.

See if you can try out different 45's so you know not only what feels good in your hands, but what you actually shoot well, and like to shoot. Try as many as you can. Glock, M&P, Sig, and yes, 1911's. Then you'll know what you want.
    Aceoky likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I find the Glock 21 and 30 too big for my hands but the SF models(short frame) are fine. I really like the P220's from Sig and the XD 45 feels good as well. Lot's of choices and a lot comes down to personal preference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links