My first 1911 (Kimber Compact CDP). Holster and other suggestions???

This is a discussion on My first 1911 (Kimber Compact CDP). Holster and other suggestions??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just gunbrokered a Kimber Compact CDP. This is my first 1911. I plan to carry it with my M&P 9mm. Looking for any advice as ...

Thread: My first 1911 (Kimber Compact CDP). Holster and other suggestions???

My first 1911 (Kimber Compact CDP). Holster and other suggestions???

Just gunbrokered a Kimber Compact CDP. This is my first 1911. I plan to carry it with my M&P 9mm. Looking for any advice as a first time 1911 owner. Suggestions for IWB holsters would be great, I prefere leather but will take all suggestions. As of now from reading prior posts I'm planning to pick up a few kimber pro tec mags and try to find ANY ammo. Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Ads

First off congratulations on the new Kimber. I have two that I love. As far as holsters go, I would start with something cheap like an Uncle mikes and wear it around the house some just to figure out what position you want to carry the gun in then order a nice leather holster. For my IWB ultra carry I have a bianchi covert option (I believe it is model 120). One that I am taking a pretty hard look at is the reinforced convertible pancake IWB/ OWB by tt gunleather. I haven't used any of their products but it looks great, and the ability to convert between IWB and OWB is like getting 2 holsters for one. I would imagine someone here has some first hand experience with their products. Also make sure you have a really solid belt. I just got a belt from Hanks Amish belts for $30 and it seems like a really solid belt so far. I have only had it for a week and a half, but so far its great. Service was also quite speedy as well. Here are the links.
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters
    Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

IMO about the best IWB holster for a 1911 is the Milt Sparks Summer Special. Check Brownells for availability. It's minimalist design that doesn't require a half an acre of body real estate like the sainted Crossbreed SuperTuck, but with a good gun belt it's all-day comfortable.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Thanks guys, looking them up now.

Links