Cz p07

Cz p07

This is a discussion on Cz p07 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did a search here and didn't get any results (?). Handled one at a show today and was happy with the fit and the feeling ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cz p07

Cz p07

Did a search here and didn't get any results (?). Handled one at a show today and was happy with the fit and the feeling of overall quality.

I've read that some think the trigger reset is less than desireable. Any thoughts on this specifically and of this pistol in general.

Thanks

Bob

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    P07 Duty Club

Issues I've read are frame bulge. Feeding issues are less common, and, IMHO, are questionable in origin (operator, ammo, pistol?).

I have 800 rounds thru my P07 9mm and haven't had a single problem.

From what I understand, the .40 is known to have the majority of the issues. Not saying the 9mm is perfect...but they're less prone to malfunctions. The frame bulge was evident with earlier models and has been corrected.

With my personal pistol the reset is long, but the Omega trigger system is pleasantly smooth in either DA or SA. It's also more accurate than I am, and being malfunction free with the 800 rounds I have shot thru it...I consider it extremely reliable. It comes with a de-cocker installed and also has a manual safety included that can be easily changed for cocked and locked carry if desired. Outside of my 1911's, Sigs, etc...it is one of my favorite shooters.

Not bad for a sub-$500 gun.

Check out the CZ forum linked above; a lot of good information available.

Unfortunately, the search function here doesn't always produce good results. Just go to Google and enter this as a search - site:defensivecarry.com CZ-P07
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Thanks for the input. The search tip in particular has been most helpful. Am starting to jones a bit about this pistol.

P-07 in the 9mm is an excellent gun. The .40 is where 90% of the problems are. For me, the trigger reset is great. But, as with any gun, practice makes perfect. You need to get out there and practice!
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by heritage1865 View Post
    P-07 in the 9mm is an excellent gun. The .40 is where 90% of the problems are. For me, the trigger reset is great. But, as with any gun, practice makes perfect. You need to get out there and practice!
    Why not just stick with P-01? It's still an unbelievably great pistol.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

You might also want to check out: The Original CZ Forum - Index
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

i bought the po-7 last week at buds gun shop in lexington ky. i have only put 100 rounds through it, but it has been flawless

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    Why not just stick with P-01? It's still an unbelievably great pistol.
    I agree! I think folks go with the P-07 maybe because of the availability? Also, because Academy Sports carries it in some stores.... So, it gets seen/sold more. At least in the past year or so... It's where I saw the P-07 initially. Oh, and it's also CZ's direct competition to Glock. (no comparison!)

The only P-01 I could find was a Canik Shark!
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    CZ quality is exceptional, and the company is very under-rated. Every gun maker has lemons, and you'll hear all about it on the "me-me-me" internet. What you don't hear is all the perfectly happy gun owners. Trigger reset less than desireable? To whom? That's a completely subjective opinion. My S&Ws trigger are "different" than my Glocks, which are "different" than my Sig--but "undesireable"? Hardly, just different.
    niks, Taurahe and N.M. Edmands like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

If you want one get one. CZ make s a great firearm. If you dont like it it would be an easy resell. I will say this... if you like to made mods / additions make sure that night sights, holsters etc are available before you buy. I am running into that issue with my SR40C.

I shot one last week, it was a rental gun and has had more ammo through it then (insert clever line here) when i picked up the.40cal version, i like the weight and feel, so i shot 100 rounds through it, it was dirtier then heck but it never FTF/FTE..sooo when tax return comes back its going to be either, sig p226 or the p07 and "extras"....hard choices ...hard choices..

I just ordered one from Gander Mountain Company. Hopefully, it will get here by the end of the week. Now if I can just find some affordable 9mm ammo.

Bought my wife a CZ 2075 RAMI BD and I envy her. CZ makes wonderful firearms!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links