Range Report: Glock 36

This is a discussion on Range Report: Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well today was the day to take my new carry gun out for a break in. It was a rainy day, but I went out ...

Thread: Range Report: Glock 36

Range Report: Glock 36

Well today was the day to take my new carry gun out for a break in. It was a rainy day, but I went out anyway. It ran perfectly. I ran 150 rounds of FMJ through it. The rain started to get in the mags and I had 1 failure to feed do to a round getting stuck in the mag. After the trip I disassembled and cleaned out the mags to prevent this in the future. I did get 2 stovepipes from limp wristing due to a poor grip. I am actually glad for the issue, because I was teaching shooting skills to my sister and her boyfriend. A quick clear and it went on truckin'.

As for shootability, its a Glock. Consistent trigger and dead on. I fired a full magazine in less than 2 seconds and every round ended up in a 4 inch grouping a little to the left of center. I polished the trigger connecter and sear so the trigger was nice and smooth. Even my sister was able to make head shots with the hefty .45 in a light package. I took the opportunity to try out my new GoPro Hero3 and made a couple videos.

A nice first person shooter action of me.
    Glock 36 - YouTube

My sister shooting. She didn't really like the .45, but did well.
    Jamie with a 45 - YouTube

I am very pleased with the G36. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a hard hitting self defense firearm.

2. Remove Ads

Looks like you both had a good time. Glad you like your 36. I sure enjoy mine.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

She didn't like the .45 too much. It was too powerful she said. She did much better with a Taurus PT92 9mm.

Very cool. Enjoy the new G36!

I most certainly will. Especially with the new trigger ;-)

Enjoy that G36 - looks like you guys had a great time.
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

We did have a good time, even though it was raining like crazy. I kind of liked that it was raining though. The gun and the magazines got real wet at one point and did what Glocks do. It still went bang. I did have 1 instance where a round jammed nose down in the magazine from what I can only assume was due to the wet and powder residue. When I cleaned the pistol later that night, I cleaned out the magazines too to ensure they won't do that again.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    How is the grip on the 36 compared to the 21 and 30? I have found the 21 and 30 to be too large for my hands unless I go with the SF model.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

The G36 has a much slimmer grip since it is a single stack. Much easier to conceal as well.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

That was one of the reasons for the G36. It is much easier to hold. It is thinner so I can get a good grip and reach the trigger. I can't on the full size models.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12 gauge View Post
    The G36 has a much slimmer grip since it is a single stack. Much easier to conceal as well.
    That's right, I forgot it was a single stack. On a side note, I got my paws on a G30S the other day and it felt pretty darn good.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

The G30S is suppose to feel pretty nice. Haven't seen one yet. I carry a 30/36 hybrid and I trim and texture all of my Glocks so mine is probably very close to the SF size frame of the 30S.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I really wish Glock would expand the Slimline series. I would like to see a sub-compact 9mm and a .45 a little bigger than the 36. Like a 4 inch barrel and holds 8 rounds.

Links