Trying to Decide on Which 1911 - Page 2

Trying to Decide on Which 1911

This is a discussion on Trying to Decide on Which 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jake1 You may want to checkout metro arms American classic. A great quality inexpensive 1911. Should be able to pick one up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trying to Decide on Which 1911

Trying to Decide on Which 1911

Quote Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
    You may want to checkout metro arms American classic. A great quality inexpensive 1911. Should be able to pick one up around $500. Similar to the RIA

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I'll second that. I have an officers Amigo model and it is quite smooth and nicely finished, good shooter too !

Thanks for all the information everyone. It'll be something to think about while I'm in LA for the next five days.

Cheers,

David

Welcome David!

I have the RIA (GI .45 ACP) and it's a solid gun, while I have never had an issue with it, the customer service is second to none according to the 1911 forums . A lifetime warranty (even when bought used ) .

I looked at several others before buying the RIA, and honestly I couldn't justify the extra cost (for myself) the RIA IS a 1911, it works, it's very accurate I love mine FWIW Some of the higher priced may not have a very long warranty , which seems odd IF they're "so much better".

The RIA have increased in price due to their stellar reputation (and I'm sure the mad dash for guns has a role as well the old supply and demand thing yet again) . I would buy another and likely will , though I have never owned the 9mm , those who have them love them also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links