Guns I wished I never owned. - Page 2

Guns I wished I never owned.

This is a discussion on Guns I wished I never owned. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig Sauer Mosquito - first semi-auto handgun and it was great until you tried to shoot it. Which was too bad, I might have gone ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Guns I wished I never owned.

Sig Sauer Mosquito - first semi-auto handgun and it was great until you tried to shoot it. Which was too bad, I might have gone with a higher end Sig early on if that had been a good experience.

Instead it wouldn't feed hardly anything, and when it did it had a lot of light-strikes and FTF's or FTE's. All in all I would usually manage two or three good shots out of 12.

Read up on it and people talked about using too much lube, or not enough lube, or filing the feed ramp, or using 'x' ammo but another person used that ammo and it failed so use 'y' ammo.

Like the OP said, I shouldn't have to go through that much effort to make it work.

My S&W 6904. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but because it was an impulse purchase and I eventually found out I don't like DA/SA triggers.

VIP Member
    Two words: 'Hi' 'Point'.

It was a low point in my collection.
    pgrass101 and accessbob like this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    A Taurus 85UL that after the 3rd stoppage (broken transfer bar) in its first 6 months of life, found a new home via an even trade for a Dan Wesson 15-2 with 2 barrels, three grips, barrel tool and shim and original naugahyde soft pack.

Worked out well donít you think? I think someone saw me dancing on my way back out to the car!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Saiga AK variant in .308. Patterned like a shotgun. Trigger would not re-set properly half the time. Had dead insects in the factory grease. The finish came off when cleaning it. Frequent stove-pipe jams. Junk. Every time I hear about how reliable AKs are, I have to laugh.

Kahr. Early P9 had frame flex issues. Early PM9 with too many issues to list - they finally gave me a new one, which I sold off. After a few years, I decided to give the PM9 another try - big mistake. Would not feed from the 7-rd mag, nose dive jams, would not feed 147 gr ammo - and the new recoil spring that Kahr sent me would not fit in the gun (they told me to snip it!). My only consolation was that I bought it direct via their instructor sales program, so I bought it at a discount. It sits in the safe, replaced by a LCR .38. Might sell it some day to finance another LCR...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

New Member Array davisbrandon77's Avatar
    The worst weapon I ever purchased had to be the Taurus PT111. Horribly inaccurate. Even off a rest I couldn't hold a group. Constantly jammed and the trigger had a mile long pull and reset.

AMT 380 Backup. Basically a single shot, even after going back for repair.
    Interarms Stainless PPK/S 380. That one was good for maybe two shots.
    Don't miss them.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ó George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Kel-Tec .32, then .380. Sold the .380 finally for my current Kahr PM9

Administrator
    Thompson Center Arms Contender. Loved the diverse assortment of available interchangeable calibers/barrels but, a true ergonomic dodo bird.
    A pathetically poor grip design. I just couldn't stand it. I had to dump it.

Another gun I love to hate. The Walther P-38
    What a God awful klunker - Der total POS

The Charter Arms Mag Pug. One that I got to shoot but, would never buy. Terrible porting and awful trigger.
    Cokeman likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Saiga AK variant in .308. Patterned like a shotgun. Trigger would not re-set properly half the time. Had dead insects in the factory grease. The finish came off when cleaning it. Frequent stove-pipe jams. Junk. Every time I hear about how reliable AKs are, I have to laugh.

Kahr. Early P9 had frame flex issues. Early PM9 with too many issues to list - they finally gave me a new one, which I sold off. After a few years, I decided to give the PM9 another try - big mistake. Would not feed from the 7-rd mag, nose dive jams, would not feed 147 gr ammo - and the new recoil spring that Kahr sent me would not fit in the gun (they told me to snip it!). My only consolation was that I bought it direct via their instructor sales program, so I bought it at a discount. It sits in the safe, replaced by a LCR .38. Might sell it some day to finance another LCR...
    Funny. I had a 2009 PM9 and had 1500 rounds through it without any issues, aside from a single failure to feed on the second mag I shot through it, before I traded it a couple of months ago. Good shooter, easy to conceal, just too small for my hands.
    I've also got a Saiga .308 but I put mine through a trigger conversion that puts the trigger where it belongs on the AK and turns it into a crisp single stage, before I ever fired it. It's not a bolt gun but I can knock cement blocks apart at 100 yards with it and stay within 1.5 inches at 50 with the iron sights on mine. SO, it often does depend on when and what of the where.

To answer the original post, I've luckily never purchased a dog I was glad to be rid of.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Two words: 'Hi' 'Point'.

It was a low point in my collection.
    Which one? I love my little 995 carbine. I've not purchased any of their pistols.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

I have a couple that I either don't miss or wouldn't miss...

1st - Ruger Mark III with a 10 inch bull barrel. I traded my dad a Taurus .22LR Tracker revolver for it, and I really didn't care for it. It didn't like bulk pack ammo and didn't really enjoy shooting it that much. I wish I would have kept the Tracker.

2nd - NEF 20g Single shot shotgun. I still own this, I have no desire to shoot it. I think I've only shot it a couple of times and again not something I really enjoyed. I bought it from a friend for $50 so at least I know I can get my money out of it if I wanted to get rid of it. Maybe I should try to trade it for some 9mm ammo. lmao I'll take my Benelli Super Nova over the 20g any day.

Re: Guns I wished I never owned.

Ruger mini-30. Not a bad rifle but how can they build a 7.62x39 gun that doesn't work well with the cheap Russian ammo?
    BigJon10125 and glocknjeep like this.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Guns I wished I never owned.

I'm happy to say that nothing I've ever owned fell into that category.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

I've never , ever purchased a gun that was known for problems in the general consensus of the information available on the gun forums. If a good number of people consider it crap, I don't buy it...period. I don't need to reinvent the wheel. The one pistol that I'm always on the edge of buying and have been for 25 years is the Interarms Walther PPK/S. I want one bad, but it violates my own rule. If I commit and get a piece of garbage, I'll own up to it right here. It would serve me right.......Sandpiper

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links