Guns I wished I never owned.

This is a discussion on Guns I wished I never owned. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Grendal P-10 Forerunner of the Kel-Tec guns. No clip, you lock the slide back and load 11 rounds from the top, Took a gunsmith to ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Guns I wished I never owned.

Grendal P-10 Forerunner of the Kel-Tec guns. No clip, you lock the slide back and load 11 rounds from the top, Took a gunsmith to get it reliable, stovepipes every few shots, It works fine now as long as you don't limp wrist it. But, it still has one quirk that relegates it to a nightstand/ home gun, not a carry gun. Rounds slip off the extractor when unloading unless you hold the gun upside down. Should an officer decide to disarm me at say a traffic stop "hasn't happened yet" and decide to unload it. I could very easily see getting shot with my own gun as he wrestled with it trying to get the rounds out.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

2. Remove Ads

Every Taurus I ever owned.
    /end thread
    MJB_17 and drift like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I purchased a new Raven 25cal for fifty bucks.I keep it as a paper weight for 25 years .
    I came close to throwing it away ,but didn't I got $75 on trade for my bodyguard.
    An MP-25? AKA the ultimate gangsta special and as seen in the opening sequence of "Southland" in the hands of a heavily tattooed east LA gangbanger. A couple month ago I googled the MSRP on one of those out of curiosity, saw they haven't been made in like 20 years but also found a yahoo answers post asking something along the lines of "I have a Raven .25, I've never shot it and I don't know if it works but this is like a good defense gun to carry right?"

Jennings .380...
    Total JUNK!

Re: Guns I wished I never owned.

Keltek pf9 was my worst purchase. Absolute garbage!!!!

Taurus 24/7 .45 circa 2003 if I remember correctly. Shoots straight, loads about anything, light, unpleasant as he!! to shoot. I have yet to find anyone who can put 3 mags through it and not have a good amount of shooter's fatigue. Need to trade it off.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Forgot to mention a gun I bought for my daughter, a Taurus .380 TCP. This gun has never fired more than 3 or 4 rounds in a row without a FTF/FTL problem and was sent back to Taurus. When it was returned we found that the problem had not been corrected. I also learned that Taurus, IMO, has the worst customer service, even worse then Diamond Back, that I have ever dealt with. This gun was sold at auction and was replaced by a Ruger LCP.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

A Kahr .380. Never feed right and slide would stick short of battery
    A Charter arms bulldog. The revolver was difficult to grip properly and the recoil would tear up,the skin between you thumb and forefinger. The trigger was horrid

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Forgot to mention a gun I bought for my daughter, a Taurus .380 TCP. This gun has never fired more than 3 or 4 rounds in a row without a FTF/FTL problem and was sent back to Taurus. When it was returned we found that the problem had not been corrected. I also learned that Taurus, IMO, has the worst customer service, even worse then Diamond Back, that I have ever dealt with. This gun was sold at auction and was replaced by a Ruger LCP.
    I am sorry to hear this! My TCP .380 has over 450 rounds through it now and the only issue I've had is that it doesn't like the 102grn Golden Saber rounds!
    I may have just gotten lucky of course and I can understand your lack of trust with Taurus.
    I bought my pistol on impulse without ever having researched the quality!

Re: Guns I wished I never owned.

Beretta Urika 2, what a POS excuse for a shotgun! Thing never worked! Even was kept clean. Sold it and bought a Browning Maxus! No more Berrett/Benellis for me!

In God and Glock we Trust

LCP, Ruger SR22 and Taurus 94...hated them, traded them.

So many!!!!
    **** & Wesson model 39 safest pistol ever, after 30 rounds you could not hit a door while sitting in front of it... 3 trips to factory: every 25-30 rounds it would lose it point of aim and back again to factory so you wait for 8-12 weeks for the return a true POS.
    Walther 22 semi-auto never worked and nothing you did could make the little pig function:) Walther always blamed the ammo after you run out of choices you get the picture, swapped it at a loss for a High Standard and never looked back.
    Walther 22 bullpup rifle, all show and no go, trigger so bad you're never sure when its going to shoot, safety by sandpaper and bolt hold open no workee!!! Again Walther blames the ammo..... I must be a slow learner.
    Henry/AR7 Survival rifle how the hell are you supposed to aim the little thing. Poor fit and finish, bad trigger and impossible sights. It did function and shoot though. Sold and bought a Marlin Papoose a much better firearm.
    Grendel .380, poor fit, poor finish, hard to load, stovepipe lots of rounds and a trigger only slightly better than a Glock. Cleaned up and fixed, then swapped for an AMT backup which actually worked.
    forgot two:
    Colt 10mm Delta Elite (1 of 1000) limited edition. Front sight fell off while shooting, rear sight fell off, white dots fell out of sights. Grip emblems fell out and grip panel crack all within 200 rounds. I guess limited edition means don't shoot.
    Finally the worst was a Para Ordnance full size P-14 would not shoot for crap, would not feed and really not that comfortable to shoot. The gun might be a POS but their customer service was even worse. I was a dealer and they treat their customers worse that S & W did during the 80's. I thought I was going to retire before the pistol came back. Extra mags! forget about it just like their service. Finally sold it to a customer who could not live without it. He hated it and finally sold it to someone else neither of us ever bought another Para anything. I sold him an AMT longslide and he was so much happier.
    Last edited by ggrimes2; April 1st, 2013 at 01:43 AM. Reason: missed a couple of guns

My very first handgun was a Bersa thunder in .380. Take down pin broke on it's second outing. Got a new one in... it broke on it's first outing. I don't know what happened, like I said I was new to pistols, but it jammed up and there was no taking it apart. The guy at the range who sold them both to me was floored.

I had had it - so I forked out the extra bucks and got a Sig.

Wish I had never never owned them though. It took me forever to stop handling my pistols like they might break - I knew nothing else after all lol.

Kel Tec P11. I couldn't hit anything consistently, even with a laser on it. The worst trigger of any pistol I've ever shot.

Kel-Tec P3AT. Wouldn't fire a round out of the box. (light strikes).

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links