Carry Gun Trigger Pull in #

This is a discussion on Carry Gun Trigger Pull in # within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [quote] Originally posted by APachon Betty, for X-mas I got a friend who is going to carry his USP.45 a LEM kit. What is your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry Gun Trigger Pull in #

[quote]Originally posted by APachon
    Betty, for X-mas I got a friend who is going to carry his USP.45 a LEM kit. What is your thought on these?

~A
    ----------------

Well...I\'m not Betty , but I do have some experience with the LEM trigger. IIRC (unlikely) the trigger pull is about 5 lbs. Trigger travel is as follows: total travel about 3/4\". First 1/2\" is essentially free travel, followed by increasing resistance for about 1/8\" prior to the break. The trigger travels another 1/8\" after the break to rear travel limit. From fully depressed, the trigger resets after about 1/4\" of forward movement, then breaks again after 1/8\" of rearward movement.

Coming from the 1911, it was different, but not too difficult to adjust to. I like having the same trigger pull each time, rather than the DA/SA transition (which I have little experience with) as on the \"standard\" variants.

Hope that helps.

SSKC

2. Remove Ads

Thanks SSKC. That helps. We are going to install it this weekend.

~A

Trigger Weight?

All my Glocks are set about the same 10-11# they have a 3.5 Rocket conn. and an olive NY spring I don\'t want to be accused of a misfire that lead to a fatality. I know of somebody that was involved in a shooting and the grief that he went through he was also an officer, off duty and with his personal weapon but it almost cost him everything he had.

I\'ve been wanting to have something in common with Betty for a long time! :P I don\'t have the foggiest idea what my trigger pull is on either my 92FS or my Taurus 650 CIA. Straight from the factory so whatever is their choice is what I have. I like them both I must say.

my wheel in SA is a hair under 1.5#

My Springfield 1911 has a trigger pull of about 4 lbs plus. I don\'t feel anyone should tell me what I can carry and what I can\'t carry. With all the reading about lawyers and such about trigger pull, everyone SEEMS to think 4 lbs is the magic number. The gun is a TOOL and everyone who has and uses it SHOULD be comfortable with what they use. The gun will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. Your finger should not be on the trigger until you are ready to fire, PERIOD. If I pull my trigger, my sights are on the target or BG or whatever and I have decided to shoot. No accidental trigger pulls.
    That\'s just my 2 cents. Hope I didn\'t offend anyone.;)

hph1911, your sentiments are on par with those of this forum. For those in Kali, I recall FortyFive saying that trigger pull will be measuered and must be at a minimum 4#. Bummer.

~A

Nope none of there bizz what weight trigger is ... My springfield Xd is 4 to 4 1/2 pounds(came with a good trigger pull lots have heavyer pull) dont have a snazzy digtal scale to check it out just the old style and hard to tell... As for my Hk usp cant say never checked it

1911 I did not want to imply that my finger was on the trigger I was just stating that even with proper training and tecnique DA\'s can still come up with the wildest charges. I just feel if they will take the time to try and prosecute an off duty officer than what prevents them from doing it to a civi. The law here in NC does not say too much about trigger pull but I\'ve always shot with about this weight (DA in revolver) and I\'m fine with it and if it prevents some pencil*&%* from prosecuting me I\'m all for it.

Originally posted by FortyFive
    Do you believe the state as part of the ccw license process should inspect your firearm and require a trigger pull of say 4#?
    The state here doesn\'t have the privilege (note, I didn\'t say right, because the state has no rights) to inspect my guns, thanks to the forethought of my fellow citizens and the legislature.

What is the trigger pull on your carry gun, if you don\'t care to comment on this part thats fine.
    On my Sig 226, it started life at around 11 DA/5SA. It\'s now at 9 DA/3SA with almost no takeup on the SA mode. It wasn\'t worked on - it\'s just had five figures worth of rounds through it. The newer one I bought clocks in just like the original did when it was new way back when.

On my S&W 296 snubby, I\'ve never bothered to measure it. It\'s smooth DAO and I can feel the second stage click in when the cylinder\'s rotated. It\'s good enough to hit human silhouettes at 20m and more, which is all I would ever ask a 2\" gun to do.

The only way I could see the state regulating my trigger pull was if I worked for them, and in that case their say-so stops at the duty pistol.

The trigger on my carry gun (4\" kimber) is a hair under 3.5 lbs IIRC, and to the best of my knowledge is untouched.

The state has no say about my trigger pull or which gun I carry. I don\'t know what my trigger pull is on my 1911 but the DA pull on my P64 is quite a lot. SA is not bad at all.

Originally posted by mtrapper
    The state has no say about my trigger pull or which gun I carry. I don\'t know what my trigger pull is on my 1911 but the DA pull on my P64 is quite a lot. SA is not bad at all.
    In California we have the serial number and type of firearm licensed to carry recorded on our ccw license. The .45\'s I would like to carry have a 3.75# trigger pull and that is comfortable for me(but I cannot carry them). One does not put their finger on the trigger unless on target etc.:P

Springfield says its between 5 and 6, Ive got a cylinder & slide kit going in that is rated to 4 1/2 that may end up a little lighter. My goal is a even 4.

I tend to like a heavier trigger so I just stick with what my handguns came with. And, I donít feel the Gov has any business regulating trigger pull either.;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links