Carry Gun Trigger Pull in #

This is a discussion on Carry Gun Trigger Pull in # within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you believe the state as part of the ccw license process should inspect your firearm and require a trigger pull of say 4#? What ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carry Gun Trigger Pull in #

Carry Gun Trigger Pull in #

Do you believe the state as part of the ccw license process should inspect your firearm and require a trigger pull of say 4#? What is the trigger pull on your carry gun, if you don't care to comment on this part thats fine.

2. Remove Ads

considerably less than 4 lbs on one and a touch over 4 on the other. Both have less than 1/16 take up/creep and reset is about the same.

~A

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I don\'t think it\'s the right of the \'state'to tell me muffler dbs, hair length, ccw, sexual appetite, pounds on my triggers, in short, all bravo sierra.

I do believe that there is a \'chemical dump'during times of stress. To that end, I like the DAO pull of my Glock 27.

When Terry Tussey customizes a pistol for me, I ask for more trigger pressure, not less. He sets my triggeres at 5 or 6 pounds, and my safeties are stiff. His work is so buttery smooth, that you never really notice the increase, but they cannot be accidently bumped.

Sometimes I see the feds at my local gn shop checking records. I always give them a crisp, \"seig heil.\" I think they appreciate being addressed in their native language.

VIP Member
    Do you believe the state as part of the ccw license process should inspect your firearm and require a trigger pull of say 4#?
    Absolutely not. Besides the Constitutional reasons, it\'s not my place to say what a satisfactory trigger pull should be for someone else.

What is the trigger pull on your carry gun, if you don\'t care to comment on this part thats fine.
    I have no idea what my trigger pull is. I hate neverending long trigger pulls (which is why my K40 and I never truly got along). Some people knock the trigger pull on USPs, but I love mine. :D

In California, Orange County you must go to the Sheriffs Range and have your firearm you intend to carry inspected. The trigger pull must be at least 4#. My Wilson is 3.75 and very smooth, not tuchey at all so it may not serve as a carry gun. IMHO when the time comes and fear sets in if the trigger pull is 20#, that gun will fire.
    I dislike very much being under the thumb of the Government as well as the next guy but when they say jump you respond how high!!:barf:

Betty, for X-mas I got a friend who is going to carry his USP.45 a LEM kit. What is your thought on these?

~A

Originally posted by Betty
    Do you believe the state as part of the ccw license process should inspect your firearm and require a trigger pull of say 4#?
    Absolutely not. Besides the Constitutional reasons, it\'s not my place to say what a satisfactory trigger pull should be for someone else.

What is the trigger pull on your carry gun, if you don\'t care to comment on this part thats fine.
    I have no idea what my trigger pull is. I hate neverending long trigger pulls (which is why my K40 and I never truly got along). Some people knock the trigger pull on USPs, but I love mine. :D

Once again thanks for another heads up FortyFive. I sent an e-mail to FTA asking for some prices on some of their courses and am awaiting a reply.

~A

Originally posted by FortyFive
    In California, Orange County you must go to the Sheriffs Range and have your firearm you intend to carry inspected. The trigger pull must be at least 4#. My Wilson is 3.75 and very smooth, not tuchey at all so it may not serve as a carry gun. IMHO when the time comes and fear sets in if the trigger pull is 20#, that gun will fire.
    I dislike very much being under the thumb of the Government as well as the next guy but when they say jump you respond how high!!:barf:

what about all those 3.5 lb glock triggers?

i\'d say my kimber has just under 5 lbs. i like how it is, though at one point i wanted a lighter pull and was wanting to replace it with a trigger that has a shorter length of pull.

but i\'m accustomed to the pull and length now, so it makes no sense to fiddle with it.

Not too concerned about the trigger pull on my guns,they work for me just fine,and as for the state trying to regulate my carry gun triggers,that\'s a big NO.

My revolvers are set up in the 10lb area DA. Do not shoot revolvers SA.

My 1911s are in the 4lb area and BHPs in the 6lb area. My BHPs have magazine disconnectors in place. My P7M8s both have 3 1/4 lb triggers.

IF You follow one rule...finger off of the trigger until decision to shoot has been made, the weight makes no difference.

VIP Member
    Betty, for X-mas I got a friend who is going to carry his USP.45 a LEM kit. What is your thought on these?
    I\'ve never handled a USP with that LEM kit. I\'ve heard that those who have it really like it. I don\'t know if they make one for the .45 or if I\'d try it.

Originally posted by KC135
    My revolvers are set up in the 10lb area DA. Do not shoot revolvers SA.

My 1911s are in the 4lb area and BHPs in the 6lb area. My BHPs have magazine disconnectors in place. My P7M8s both have 3 1/4 lb triggers.

IF You follow one rule...finger off of the trigger until decision to shoot has been made, the weight makes no difference.
    I like what you said about finger off the trigger. I have no idea why they insist on inspecting our carry pistol. Its just more control by people who should be doing other things. I have always felt that way as you noted, keep your fingers off the trigger.

My P99 AS is probably a tad under 5lbs. but I tend to think more about how it feels and resets vs. the actual weight. I really liked my GP-100 with the the long \"nasty a**\" pull (as described by a Glock only buddy of mine;)) I guess whats important is what feels appropriate for my hand.

Oh, as for the Goverment inspecting anything of mine, no.:)

The shooter must be comfortable with his piece, therefore only the shooter should decide what kind of trigger pull to have.

I personally prefer something a little high, and it depends on the gun. My reasoning is that I do not like to use guns with really light triggers. I want my trigger pull to require an intentional effort with a brief hesitation right before it goes bang. The trigger pull on my 686 is (almost) perfect.

In other words, I want to know I\'m about to fire.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Originally posted by spacemanspiff
    what about all those 3.5 lb glock triggers?
    I have tried both the stock 5.5# and 3 different 3.5# connectors for my Glock 21s which are my carry guns. The actual pull force measured by a gauge is 4.7# for the \"5.5#\" and 3.7# for the \"3.5#\". I am comfortable and equally accurate at the range with both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links