Carrying while backpacking?

This is a discussion on Carrying while backpacking? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Down in Texas, always carried a .41 mag. Ruger, 5" barrel in a western style holster. Never know when you are going to come up ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Carrying while backpacking?

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    Down in Texas, always carried a .41 mag. Ruger, 5" barrel in a western style holster. Never know when you are going to come up on a hog or some other critter. As far as carrying open, it`s illegal in Texas but in rural areas, the game wardens are OK as long as you are being responsible and not shooting illegal game. A lot of times, they want to check out what you are carrying and talk guns with you. Here in Indiana, I started canoeing some and I take my SP101 .357 and put it in a water proof, floating container in case I dump over. On shore it goes into my Bianchi pancake. Indiana has open carry so if I have my shirt off, big deal. Looking at my old gray haired withered chest is more scary than seeing a gun.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have"--- Thomas Jefferson, 1778.

2. Remove Ads

I really really like that Guide Chest Holster
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    I don't go hiking much ,unless you count going into and out of the deer woods 3 months out of the year, or the 4 days spent turkey hunting, but when I do, i usually am carrying my EDC (S&Wc .357sig) in its Desantis cozy partner (IWB) holster, AND just this past year I started carrying my DW 15-2VH 6 in. barrel in an inexpensive nylon shoulder holster, (which ultimately went OC due to the warm weather while turkey hunting last spring) while up North in the woods, while down home by the house I went sans revolver.
    OC is legal in Michigan, and when we were gearing up to go in the woods off St. Helen Trail between St. Helen and West Branch Mi. a couple came riding up in a polaris dune buggy and saw it and said nothing( they actually thought we were DNR officers or something).
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sorry, I should have posted this thread in the "Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options" forum.

Please feel free to move it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links