CCW revolver hammerless 7+ rounds?

This is a discussion on CCW revolver hammerless 7+ rounds? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got my first firearm, LCR 22, it's 8 rounds hammerless, I love it. I think it will be good to learn on. For ...

Thread: CCW revolver hammerless 7+ rounds?

I recently got my first firearm, LCR 22, it's 8 rounds hammerless, I love it. I think it will be good to learn on. For the future though I'm thinking something similar size, but packing more of a wallop. A 38 or 357 with 38 rounds, low recoil. I know there are some 8 round smaller 357's ( Pistols - Free Shipping - CenterfireGuns ), but I haven't seen hammerless. Does anyone know of any?

2. Remove Ads

I want a 22 revolver so I can shoot all day for $20. Smith and Wesson is the only one who makes an 8 shot .357 that I know of. Will set you back almost a grand.

Enjoy the LCR .22 man. I've been itching for that or the Smith and Wesson one.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

It's sweet. I'm not very experienced, so I'm not the best guide but it's really nice. The only negatives I've read are about the trigger pull but those people must be arthritic. It seems like butter to me. I'f I can't find a higher capacity revolver similar, I'd get a higher caliber lcr to go with the 22.

Smith & Wesson 327 Performance Center .357 Magnum $1,023.00 SHIPS FREE

This is the only revolver that i know of that would carry 8 rounds, and still be easily concealed. It does not have a concealed hammer, but with a proper OWB or IWB holster, would be very easily carried.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

8 Rounds in a concealable revolver is a tough one. Hammerless makes it even harder. Sort of a red herring.

I would look at something in 327 magnum if I were you. S&W and Ruger make one that's hammerless with 6 shots the same size as a J-frame... which normally holds 5 rounds of 38 or 357... so does Taurus but friends don't let friends buy Taurus.

Bob the hammer on a 327 Preformance is about as close as your gonna get but the 327 is NOT a small gun it is pretty darn wide. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by dayvid View Post
    I know there are some 8 round smaller 357's
    I don't know of any "small" frame .357s that carry more than five rounds (S&W Model 60 or Ruger SP101). S&W makes a "medium" frame revolver (686+) that holds 7 rounds and a "large" frame (627) that holds 8 rounds but they are both on the large side for CCW. Not impossible as IIRC S&W made alloy frame snub nose versions of both in their discontinued "Night Guard" line but they are not normally first choice for concealed carry.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

.357 Mag in a Small and Light Gun:

I recently got my first firearm, LCR 22, it's 8 rounds hammerless, I love it. I think it will be good to learn on. For the future though I'm thinking something similar size, but packing more of a wallop. A 38 or 357 with 38 rounds, low recoil. I know there are some 8 round smaller 357's ( Pistols - Free Shipping - CenterfireGuns ), but I haven't seen hammerless. Does anyone know of any?
    I know this: if you shoot 357 Magnum in a small and light gun it will make little difference if it's hammerless or not because the recoil - if your hands survive the first shot - will give you such a whack and the gun will fly so off target that it'll take you 10 min. to line-up the second shot.

I really advise shooting just one round of .357 Mag in any small and light gun you're thinking of buying. That will be enough to convince you of what I'm saying (once you're released from the ER).

I can shoot 357 Mag comfortably in my Colt Python, a superb, full-size, steel gun weighing in at 40+ ounces loaded. That's what you need, something big and steel, to shoot 357 Magnum well.

Actually, I have a SP101 an a S&W Mod 60 both 357 / 38 I do have large hands but they are not painful to shoot at all carry a speed strip an feel well protected

I have the 327 and while it is amazing the thing is pretty big. It's not a J frame but a big boy N and that 8 round cylinder is WIDE. On the plus side it's rather light.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Actually, I have a SP101 an a S&W Mod 60 both 357 / 38 I do have large hands but they are not painful to shoot at all carry a speed strip an feel well protected
    But those are steel and have some weight on them. I'm talking about one of the Ruger or similar 14 oz guns, those types. I shot a Ruger snub around 14 oz with ONE 357 Mag.round. It felt like Mike Tyson on a bad day slammed my hand with a steel pole, the gun with my hand and outstretched arm on it flew up towards the ceiling like a rocket - and the PAIN!

Never again. I'd rather shoot spit-balls out of a straw at a perp.

Simple, buy a Taurus® 7 shot Mdl 617 (357 Magnum), or a Mdl 817 (38 Special); and bob the hammer..........
    Taurus® Mdl 617 357 Magnum
    Taurus® Mdl 817 38 Special

David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Links