Kahr CM40

This is a discussion on Kahr CM40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; howdy again! just waiting on the the background check for my new kahr. i went with the cm40. did i make a bad call? basically ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By hardluk1
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By gun_bushido
  • 2 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Dooger

Thread: Kahr CM40

Kahr CM40

howdy again!

just waiting on the the background check for my new kahr.

i went with the cm40.

did i make a bad call?

basically just gonna be my co-primary with my p938 for ccw.

any thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Gona be a snappy little pistol. You may want something on the grip to help aid control. I use free old bike innertubes. You can get them free at bike shops. Or a hogue or some other slip on. Use a good grade of ammo for brack in and have a couple differnt brand of ammo with a mid weight bullet. And don't over do it on that first trip unless your an animal and love recoil. Ha . Use the slide release at first . After you get a 100 or so rounds fired the recoil spring will soften a bit and you may then find it easier to rack and might sling shots just fine by then. Expect a little wear on the plastic assembly guides . Just clean them up as they stop wearing after a few rounds are fired. Expect it to be very dependable from round one .
    Lube chart- Kahr Lube Diagram - KahrTalk Forums

kahrtalk is a great place for info . Look up jacko if you have questions. And then enjoy your little kahr.
    gun_bushido likes this.

The CM40 is a snappy little beast. I would highly recommend a set of pearce grip extenders and maybe a grip sleeve as well. If you can handle the recoil then you will be set.
    gun_bushido likes this.

This is gonna be my first kahr, so I'm very excited about it.

I did order the "sand paper" that kahr has on their website for the grips.

I will check out the pearce extensions, the kahr forum, and the kahr lube as well.

Any other info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again...

Blasted 100 rounds thru this new gun today.

Recoil was noticeable, but not terrible.

I can see where some would not want to shoot this gun all day, but it will be ccw pistol and not a range pistol.

Happy with the purchase, trigger was awesome, a lot better than my Sig P250 (DAO).
    surefire7 likes this.

IMO, the CM40 is one of the best values for power, size, quality and reliability in a pocket pistol right now.
    I'm an advocate of carrying a BUG equal to or more powerful than your regular carry since if you have to
    resort to your BUG to save your life, you want the biggest, baddest BUG you can handle.
    CM40 fills that role nicely.
    surefire7 and gun_bushido like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

congrats on the new addition ! I had a CM9 and I loved it. If you pickup a set of Pearce grips extenders ( 15 bucks on amazon) you will see a very marked difference in control, especially for rapid follow up shots. I stippled the extenders for my kahr to improve grip and it worked phenomenally. If you are interested in the process pm me, it is super easy to do. If you have found a holster yet... I can personally recommend Foxx holsters.I had a hybrid and Mine fit my Kahr like a glove and their price is half of crossbreed etc. And they have free shipping too. Turn around is a week. I am waiting on a little fox for my SR40C, should have it next week.
    gun_bushido likes this.

Congrats!... I like my PM9 a lot, just not a .40 fan personally. You'll enjoy it for a long time. You'll also like how easy it is to conceal conpared to some combat handguns.
    gun_bushido likes this.

Kahr CM40

Great CC gun. Snappy on the range but you get a little muscle exercise shooting 200 rounds through it. As a CC, who cares if it's snappy. I only expect to have to use it "zero" times in my life.....but.....if I have to arm myself, I would much prefer a .40 cal. coming out of my pocket than any other small CC weapon on the market. Police used to carry 9mm and have switched to .40 for a reason. The bad guys just need more power thrown at them if it come down to my life or theirs.

Pocket Holsters: I am not in the market to buy 1/2 dozen pocket holsters to see which one works best and feels best but I have narrowed it down to the GURU:

Kahr Arms Pocket/Wallet Holster or the Nem. Super Fly:

M44BJU2Z0 Super Fly Pocket Holster Kahr PM9 PM40 P9 w Crimson Trace 437 Laser | eBay or this this custom one that you can "wet mold" yourself for a perfect fit:

Ruger LC9 with Laser Kahr PM cm CW with Laser Wallet Pocket Holster | eBay

Not much in the mood to buy all 3 and decide and was wondering if anyone knows first hand and can recommend something. Thanks and I am glad to be here and glad to have the CM40 now.

Links