Defensive Carry banner

Condition Orange Concealment

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  gun_bushido 
#1 ·
Just want to give a public "shout out" to the team at Condition Orange Concealment.

They took the time out of their busy day today to answer more than three of my questions.

I had multiple questions about their trigger guard covers and got all the answers that I needed to place an order.

Their customer service is top notch.

I will definitely be purchasing from them again.

-a happy customer

(Here is a pic from their site of what I ordered)

See less See more
#3 ·
All copies of the original Vanguard from Raven Concealment. First envisioned by Shay VanVlymen of Mindset Laboratory. Raven licensed the holster design from Shay. The only major differences between the Vanguard and others is how it's clipped on the triggerguard (push it up vs push it back) and a little bit longer paracord. The way the vanguard clips on is by pushing it up on the trigger guard instead of toward the rear. It is a bit safer in that when pressing back it is possible for something to get lodged in the trigger area and cause an ND. Unlikely when you are being careful, but you know...things can happen. Additionally I believe the raven has a raked end on the front that would allow you to push the holster against your pants or something in the event the cord breaks to remove it with one hand.

VanGuard Holster System

Reactions: Aceoky
#6 ·
I have seen the holster pictured and it is not the type I would choose to use for many reasons, but, IMO, looks like a harbinger of a ND

#7 ·
This is not meant for every day carry. It is meant for when you don't have the ability to use a full holster setup for a quick run out. Install this, tuck in the gun, and do your quick errands.

The other usage I can see is for times when certain operators are issued a firearm when they arrive in country and cannot bring a holster through customs.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3

#8 ·
This is not meant for every day carry. It is meant for when you don't have the ability to use a full holster setup for a quick run out. Install this, tuck in the gun, and do your quick errands.

The other usage I can see is for times when certain operators are issued a firearm when they arrive in country and cannot bring a holster through customs.
I never get in a hurry while preparing to leave the house with a gun, there is the safe way and a wrong way and IMO the use of that holster is the wrong way.

Operators that are issued a firearm and cannot bring a holster through customs? You are joking, right? What is an operator? I know several government agents that don't seem to have a problem with traveling in and out of the country with a weapon let alone a holster.

#15 ·
You're right. It is rare to find outstanding CS these days. This company should be recognized for real people providing quality service. They make actual holsters and mag carriers that look like fine products.

A product review of "trigger guard covers" is a different story. This is not a secure way to carry a pistol. Those who say these products are better than stuffing your piece in your shorts (ala Plaxico Burress) are like those who say a .22 is better than a sharp stick in the eye. Both are marginally factual statements, but both are unnecessary compromises.

#13 ·
There are several people making something similar. I've never used one, but have heard of people using one by hanging the cord around their neck with the gun under their shirt. Of course weight would be a consideration. Something like a Keltec P32 or similar.

#14 ·
You guys need to research the man and thought process that went into this design. Calling it a safety issue is as false as it can get. A gun is a safe as the person behind it.

Its fine to not like it but it really appears that the majority haven't looked past the pictures.

Reactions: gun_bushido
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.