USA Made Glock 19

USA Made Glock 19

This is a discussion on USA Made Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All, I just bought my first Gen 3 Glock 19 ($498 and the last one in Louisville) as a carry in the field weapon ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: USA Made Glock 19

USA Made Glock 19

Hi All,

I just bought my first Gen 3 Glock 19 ($498 and the last one in Louisville) as a carry in the field weapon for rough conditions; I'm a wildlife biologist. I noticed after I bought it that is says made in the USA Smyrna, Georgia on the frame and has USA stamped on the slide where Austria usually goes? At first I though knockoff, but it seems legit. Does this Glock differ from Austrian Glocks?

Pics later

Thanks Guys,
    Jared
    Broadus likes this.

VIP Member
    It should be the same Glock, except it's made here in the US.

... Although, for some reason, I'm thinking that Smyrna uses something other than the tenifer finish on the slide, due to our draconian environmental laws. Can someone sanity-check me on this?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I believe they are being produced in the USA now.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    My G30 sf says Made in Austria. Bought it last year. No Gen.4 logo on it so it must be a gen 3

It is a Gen 3. I'm not sure when it was produced. Other forums are saying it is the real deal and kind of rare. I really don't know what I have, but I couldn't pass it up for $498 with all this panic buying and price increasing going on. Found it at Knob Creek Gun Range outside of Louisville. They didn't even know why it was stamped USA. I pointed it out to them after I bought it.

USA made Glock's are quite common now...

You guys are right. Apparently USA made Glocks are becoming quite common. I need to keep up with the times. Thanks for the quick responses.

It seems the USA built Glocks are sought-after at the moment. Also, my understanding is the original Glock tennifer treatment is no longer being used on the USA or Austrian made Glocks.....which is a shame as it seems to old treatment was a bit more durable than the new.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Made in USA also circumvents many of the stupid import regulations on certain weapons.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Cool

Glock statement on slide finish........

"GLOCK applies advanced surface treatments on major metal components, resulting in slightly less than diamond hardness. This considerably reduces wear and tear on these metal components and makes them corrosion resistant, even when operating in saltwater conditions. The matte black surface minimizes light reflection—an advantage in tactical circumstances."

No more mention of tennifer.

I changed my slide and barrel finish on my G-36 a few years back to "EXO".........UCT Coatings

Image.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

FlaRon
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

USA Made Glock 19

Never even thought about it... Pulled out my 19 and its made in the U S A too!

So how big of a deal is it to not have the tennifer treatment? I see a lot of discussion on other forums about it. Some say that the US made Glocks found a way to make them just as durable as the Austrian Glocks? I bought a Glock for its durability as a tool in the field. If I wanted anything else, I would have stayed with my stainless steel Ruger SRs that get oxidation spots.

Quote Originally Posted by jpricewood View Post
    So how big of a deal is it to not have the tennifer treatment? I see a lot of discussion on other forums about it. Some say that the US made Glocks found a way to make them just as durable as the Austrian Glocks? I bought a Glock for its durability as a tool in the field. If I wanted anything else, I would have stayed with my stainless steel Ruger SRs that get oxidation spots.
    From what I can gather the newer treatment is still excellent...just not quite as good as the old treatment in preventing scratches, wear and rust. Even though the finish isn't quite what it used to be I don't think you'll find a better treatment on any other newer guns.

Thanks for that. Well, enough talk. Time to go shoot.

GH
    Do the made in the USA Glocks have a different accent than the Austrian ones?
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links