HK USP 45c Trigger question

This is a discussion on HK USP 45c Trigger question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other thread about HKs not getting love brought up a question in my mind regarding the V1 DA/SA trigger. I thought I'd post here ...

Thread: HK USP 45c Trigger question

HK USP 45c Trigger question

The other thread about HKs not getting love brought up a question in my mind regarding the V1 DA/SA trigger. I thought I'd post here so I don't derail that thread.

Due to ammo being harder to find I have been dry firing the pistol quite a bit with some snap caps. I figured the nice thing about it being a DA pistol is that I don't have to rack the side everytime to practice with the trigger. When I dry fire the pistol the DA trigger is very long and very heavy. And the hammer returns all the way back into the little well up against the firing pin. When I decock the hammer from SA mode to DA mode the hammer appears to not fall as far forward when I'm dry firing. I also notice that the trigger pull is not as long. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Another thing I noticed was when I was firing in SA I was having issues finding the trigger reset. It seems that I would think I hit the reset when I feel a small click after just releasing pressure off the trigger that turned out to be a false reset. Is there anything I can do to remedy the issue? It seems to be more of an issue with me than the gun.

As an FYI the guns I'm used to shooting are Glocks and other striker fired type guns so it could just be the DA/SA trigger system that is messing me up. As I stated in the other thread dry firing in DA mode has caused me to shoot my G19 better as far as my trigger pull is concerned.

2. Remove Ads

For the hammer not going in as far when using the de-cocker, its stopping befor it hits the firing pin. When dry firing the hammer strikes the pin further in the slide. When you go with the DA pull again you take up the distance to where the de-cocker set would be, then the distance to where to hammer drops again. Sig pistols are the same I believe.

Re: HK USP 45c Trigger question

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Another thing I noticed was when I was firing in SA I was having issues finding the trigger reset. It seems that I would think I hit the reset when I feel a small click after just releasing pressure off the trigger that turned out to be a false reset. Is there anything I can do to remedy the issue? It seems to be more of an issue with me than the gun.
    I read on HKPRO a while back that the second reset on the SA was a result of an out of spec part. There should only be one reset point. You could search for the post on that forum but I remember the folks having that problem contacted HK, known problem, sent guns back and were repaired free of charge. I think they only had to pay shipping. Call HK, explain the trigger reset issue and see what they say. On a side note I believe the issue was with the HK45c, I also believe HK parts are pretty universal between platforms (same parts used for the HK45c as well as the USP 45c). It doesn't hurt to make the call. Good luck.

"The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"
    Last edited by jaynole; February 16th, 2013 at 01:44 PM.

Re: HK USP 45c Trigger question

Found the thread, out of spec trigger bar.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173517

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167911

"The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Links