New 50 gi

New 50 gi

This is a discussion on New 50 gi within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Monday Im going to order one! A model 3 with bobtail cut. I have done alot of reading and thought about it, slept on it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric357

Thread: New 50 gi

New 50 gi

Monday Im going to order one! A model 3 with bobtail cut. I have done alot of reading and thought about it, slept on it for a few nights and I think its going to be my new primary carry gun. The concept is good, no over penetration issues and increadable stopping power.

oh just a teaser my new wilson combat sds stealth gets delivered monday! going to put ambi on it and be good to go! (45acp of course)

http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/model3.shtml

GI certainly makes a nice 1911, I just don't know if I would want such a proprietary round chambered in an EDC. I really want a No Name Commander though. Post up some pics when your Wilson and GI come in though.

pix345123945[1].jpgpix494264954[1].jpgpix502527692[1].jpgpix934713428[1].jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    GI certainly makes a nice 1911, I just don't know if I would want such a proprietary round chambered in an EDC. I really want a No Name Commander though. Post up some pics when your Wilson and GI come in though.
    here are the pictures off the GB site when I bought it. I am waiting patiently... ive only called ups 124 times!

I did manage to buy a 22 TCM pistol today. I think its going to be amazing in the rifle when they are released.

I had to look at the link. I didnt know what a .50 GI was.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

How much is something like that? Is there a glock barrel in 50GI yet?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

The weapon is COOL! The ammo is unavailable. :(
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    How much is something like that? Is there a glock barrel in 50GI yet?
    Glock 20 21 50 cal conversion kit Guncrafter GI 45 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

yes and the mod 3 with ambi and melonite, night sites and the standard stuff i order on all my guns is about 3650.

Dear Steven,

A Model No.3 is $3185 + $80 (ambi) + $275 Cerakote + $185 (Bobtail) = $3725.

The Melonite finish ($275 is far superior to the Cerakote finish).

Yes, we have flush fitting magazines for the M3, see enclosed price list.

Here's some general info on the 50 GI conversion unit for Glock:

The stainless version is $595.00.
    For an additional $65.00 the unit is also available in black Melonite. This finish is extremely durable and corrosion resistant,
    comparable to Glock's Tennifer finish, very tough!

The 50 GI conversion unit will fit all Glock 20/21 pistols, Gen. 1, 2 & 3, including the C versions and the new SF versions with ambi mag release or std. mag release.
    It will not fit the Gen. 4 pistols, we expect to have a Gen. 4 compatible unit available in the spring of 2013.
    The unit consists of a complete top end and a magazine, simple drop-in installation on user's Glock frame.
    Capacity is 9+1 with extended base pad, 8+1 with standard base pad.
    Slide and barrel machined from high quality steel forgings.
    As is typical of all Guncrafter Industries' products, top notch machining to tight tolerances.
    Easily controllable, with .50 cal. stopping power.
    50 GI factory ammunition available from Guncrafter Industries, as well as 50 GI brass, bullets and reloading dies.
    This is a conversion unit, not a complete firearm. Therefore, no FFL is needed and it can be shipped directly to the user.

I have attached a price list for your study.
    Will get a catalog in the mail for you.

Meanwhile, I'm forwarding you some information on our
    new 50 GI bullet/cartridge, it performs spectacularly - see attached pictures.

It is an all-copper HP, 185 and 230 grain at respectively 1200 and 1000 fps.
    Both bullets expands to a full 1" upon impact, showstopper!

The bullets are individually turned on a high precision CNC machine and offer devastating performance as well as incredible
    accuracy - it doesn't get any better.

I have also attached a picture of our Commander-sized Model No.3 in 50 GI caliber.
    It is shown with optional Bobtail - the perfect concealed carry
    combination.

Finally, pictures of some of our new pistols, the CCO, the Model No.4
    and the Frag.

The CCO is our smallest 1911,it has an Officer grip frame and a Commander upper. It also has a heavy rounded butt and slim-line grips, ideal for concealed carry.

The Model No.4 is a true 6" slide/barrel 1911 in 50 GI caliber, the longer sight radius and the increased ballistics make those long range shots a breeze, very mild recoil.

The FRAG pistol has our unique Frag pattern treatment on the front strap and MSH as well as the grips (think WWII Mk2 grenade.....)
    Besides a distinct look this pattern gives you a lot of traction while being soft on the hands, the Frags are far more durable than std. checkering. The Frag has a U-notch rear and brass bead front sight for easy pickup in any light condition.

Best Wishes,

Alex Zimmermann

P.S. Here's a link to an interesting article on the 50 GI conversion unit for Glock 20/21:

Tactical Life Combat test: G.I. GLOCK 21 .50

Here's a link to the 230 CHP ammo "in action", performance in ballistic gel:

SLOW motion 50GI GCI 230gr CHP impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube

And here is a link to shooting the 50 GI with Silencerco's Osprey silencer:

SILENCERCO: .50GI Osprey - YouTube

Administrator
    Very Impressive.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I think it would take care of an offender.

Sponsored Links