Had to send my new M&P Compact back to S&W

This is a discussion on Had to send my new M&P Compact back to S&W within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hopefully all of the good things I have heard about S&W's customer service are true. Bought a new compact 45 about 3 weeks ago and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Had to send my new M&P Compact back to S&W

Had to send my new M&P Compact back to S&W

Hopefully all of the good things I have heard about S&W's customer service are true. Bought a new compact 45 about 3 weeks ago and love it except for one thing. About 7-8 times out of 10 it fails to feed the last round. It gets jammed about half way into the chamber. Hopefully it is a quick trip back to Springfield and back!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like weak mag springs or something, I would have no fear - S&W's reputation is top notch, didn't get that way for no reason.

Sorry to hear about your luck.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Is it a new to you handgun or brand new?? Did you disassisemble the mags and clean them?? If old pistol it only needs new springs . If new pistol, mags needed cleaning.

Bought it brand new. I wanted S&W to give it a look and fix it. I really think that after spending that kind of money, that they should make it right. I have all the confidence in the world that it will be fixed right when I get it back. I have a full size 9mm that has well of 5K thru it with never a jam. Just hope it is a quick return!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

I had to send one back to S&W this past Dec.Can't say anything bad about their service at all.Didn't cost me a dime,but,it was covered under warranty.

Gregnsc, about how long was it gone for?

Hope you get it back in proper working order. From what I've read about S&W's customer service, you will. Please let us know how it goes.

That's odd.

I know Drgnfly! I was shocked the first time it jammed!!! Especially given my experience with my 9mm!

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Let us know what the turn around time is.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    They have good service. Much like CZ or Ruger in most cases.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It is still the shooters responsibility to besure its cleaned, mags too and have a second brand of ammo to try. You did not say if you tried other brands of ammo or if the mags were disassembled and cleaned well. WWB ammo cause's more trouble than anyother brand.

We have a m&p9c and the mags were not useable new . Thick sticky grease in those mags. Gun was lubed beyound pratical with some heavy oil too.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I hear from time to time about "failure to feed" in the M&P. But every time I've heard of a problem, the response by S&W has been very satisfactory. Sorry that you'll be without the firearm for a bit, but I bet you'll be pleased with their service. Keep us posted.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Yup hardluk, I ran about 3 different brands of ammo through it after taking it home and giving it a good cleaning and lube. did not take the mag apart. I get cleaning the gun, but I have never had to disassemble a brand new mag to clean it and I have several mag fed firearms. Am am not upset about this at all, I understand that not matter how hard a company tries, sometimes a product will slip through the cracks and I am sure that Smith will make it right. I will keep you all posted on how this goes!

A quality pistol should be able to feed any brand and type of ammo through it. If it doesn't I don't want it.
    bombthrower77 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links