Kahr PM9 (PM9094)

Kahr PM9 (PM9094)

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 (PM9094) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at a Kahr PM9 (PM9094), I found a used one at a local pawn shop for $599, but it had no case, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kahr PM9 (PM9094)

Kahr PM9 (PM9094)

I am looking at a Kahr PM9 (PM9094), I found a used one at a local pawn shop for $599, but it had no case, no extra (extended) magazine, or manual. I thought that was a high price for a used one, just the gun and one magazine. I bid on a new Kahr on GunBroker.com for $600 and got beat by $5. Is this a good price for a used PM9?

not really a very good deal. New PM9's go for around $650, and come with two mags. I'd offer less and see if he bites. With used guns, walk in and
    ask if he'd take $500. If he says yes, you've got a deal. If he says no offer $525....and so on. There is usually room to move for the seller on used guns.

I picked up a used Kahr CM9 today (my second) for $325 in almost unfired condition with the box and an extra mag with grip extension. It was listed at $399.
    CM9's normally only come with one mag, so the extra mag really made the deal sweet.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Save your money, just get CM9, keep the change and spend on ammo (or a CW9).... Exactly what I did AFTER I sold the PM9. :-)
    sioux565 and surefire7 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I think it is too high and there may be a reason it's in a pawn shop. Got a buddy with a PM40 that had to be sent back to Kahr 3 times before it would fire a full magazine without jamming.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I paid $600 for new PM9. New CM9 you should get around $400. Used always should be less.
    Nice shooters, Vodekz
    surefire7 likes this.

VIP Member
    I paid $545 for a new one with 2 magazines just a couple of months ago. I live in GA. I would keep looking.

I paid $405 (after taxes) for a brand new cm40, if that helps.

I depends on what new ones go for in your home State. Up here, I've seen them go for $800+. So $600 used isn't bad. I got my black PM9 for $595 shipped with a LE discount.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Last year I paid $400 for my used PM9 DLC with 3 magazines, case, manual, etc. God Bless

That's a bit on the strong side for a new PM9...in the box...with the extra 7 round mag in my opinion.

As others have said. Go in and fan 4 Benjamins across the display case and start adding $20's until he bites, be prepared to walk, but I wouldn't pay more than $500-especially since it doesn't have that extra 7 rounder.

I'd say be patient and keep your eyes peeled for a PM or a CM9 and when she does so, be ready to pounce

Too high. I paid $600 for my PM9 with night sights, brand new. The CM9 is a great option (I would have gone that route if it were around when I got the PM9) and will save you a bunch of money.

If you are set on that PM9, let the guy at the shop know. They usually dont pay up very much for firearms. He probably has some wiggle room in that price. It only has one magazine, no box, no books. I would offer him maybe $475 and see where he goes with it. If I were in your shoes I would not pay more than low 5's for it, tops.

Do you know the history of the gun? Kahrs are more likely to be finicky than other brands. Might be there because someone needed the money more than the gun - or it might be a lemon. Proceed with caution. The fact that it lacks the 7-rd mag makes me especially leery - there is a known issue where PM9s will nose-down jam with the 7-rd mag (happened to me).

Danger, danger Will Robinson!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Tell him you will pay 450 used or 550 new. or 375 for a new cm9. Thats the going prices around here. I just bought a new TP40 for 543.18 same features as the pm just a bigger version.

Do you know the history of the gun? Kahrs are more likely to be finicky than other brands. Might be there because someone needed the money more than the gun - or it might be a lemon.
    That was my thought too. Wonder why it was there and the price was high for missing items. Going to keep watching for one new. Thanks for the replies...good info!!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    kahrs tend to be as reliable as the shooters skill are and the ammo used when new most times.

My first kahr came from a disgruntaled owned. CW9 was totaly unreliable for him. For me after a good look over to learn my way around it cleaned and lubed and maybe a better grade of ammo has fired the next 1200 rounds reliably so far. Not a single issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links