Pro gun, pro business state

This is a discussion on Pro gun, pro business state within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading another post on Magpul considering a move out of CO over pending anti-gun legislation. I just wanted to throw out a plug ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pro gun, pro business state

I was reading another post on Magpul considering a move out of CO over pending anti-gun legislation. I just wanted to throw out a plug for my home state. If you are considering moving a business from a high tax, anti-gun state, you might consider SD. It is very business and gun friendly. No state income tax, no corporate tax not a lot of hoops to jump through and a motivated, hard working (for the most part) population.

If you are looking to move a busniess you can check out The South Dakota Governor?s Office of Economic Development Ready to Work

Just please do not bring your home state issues here and expect to change SD into what you just left. As a young man I lived in CO and it was a great state. But even then it was starting to be taken over by CA transplants.

So what are the other good pro business, pro gun states?

Georgia. And, unlike South Dakota, we have a city!
    skatalite likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Having a city is not always a good thing. Thats were the domesticated gun hating liberals come from.
    remington79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    Having a city is not always a good thing. Thats were the domesticated gun hating liberals come from.
    It's a fair point! It also usually means you have an airport, housing for potential employees, and places to eat... all things that tend to attract businesses to an area.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    It's a fair point! It also usually means you have an airport, housing for potential employees, and places to eat... all things that tend to attract businesses to an area.

Sorry brad, I just couldn't leave that alone. LOL

VIP Member
    Just saw yesterday night that Remington is SERIOUSLY considering moving out of NY State because of the recent ban Cuomo passed.
    They are looking at several states including Michigan.
    Gonna get interesting.
    NY probably won't care too terribly, as they have a great wealth of other companies, so this may prove to them to be a drop in the bucket.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Utah is very gun and business friendly. We have the open space, the cities, and the quality work force most employers are looking for. We also have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country according to Unemployment Rates for States

We also offer some of the most beautiful scenery and family friendly places to live in the U.S. Combine that with a relatively low crime rate and what's not to love?
    oneshot and Rcher like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Just saw yesterday night that Remington is SERIOUSLY considering moving out of NY State because of the recent ban Cuomo passed.
    They are looking at several states including Michigan.
    Gonna get interesting.
    NY probably won't care too terribly, as they have a great wealth of other companies, so this may prove to them to be a drop in the bucket.
    One drop at a time will empty a bucket given enought time.
    Brad426 and oneshot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I've been to Atlanta before and I was very thankful to have a handgun. Georgia might have better winters but the nice thing about -30 degree days in the winter is that it really cuts down on the homeless population. I drove across UT last year and it is certainly has some of the best scenery God has ever created.

Oooooooooooooklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.

I'd set up shop in the Oklahoma City area:
    - Lots of land to build a new facility
    - A big manufacturing area, so facilities are already available
    - Low cost of living
    - Two colleges with big football programs a short drive from OKC, and the Oklahoma City Thunder
    - A pro-gun and pro-Second Amendment state

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Utah is very gun and business friendly. We have the open space, the cities, and the quality work force most employers are looking for. We also have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country according to Unemployment Rates for States

We also offer some of the most beautiful scenery and family friendly places to live in the U.S. Combine that with a relatively low crime rate and what's not to love?

^^^You're killin' me smalls^^^^^^^

Michigan is home to me, and is a real paradise when you consider the surrounding water, the vast upland woods/forest and the breathtaking beauty of the coasts and the UP, which is a world unto itself.

Utah would be heaven to live in though, as it offers a vast wilderness, and many hunting opportunities.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Florida...The Gunshine State.
    candalos and zonker1986 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^You're killin' me smalls^^^^^^^
    I love the "Sand Lot" reference.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Indiana is a gun friendly state. Id like to see more gun buisnesses here.
    troutkiller and rugergunner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JasoninSD View Post
    I was reading another post on Magpul considering a move out of CO over pending anti-gun legislation. I just wanted to throw out a plug for my home state. If you are considering moving a business from a high tax, anti-gun state, you might consider SD. It is very business and gun friendly. No state income tax, no corporate tax not a lot of hoops to jump through and a motivated, hard working (for the most part) population.

If you are looking to move a busniess you can check out The South Dakota Governor?s Office of Economic Development Ready to Work

Just please do not bring your home state issues here and expect to change SD into what you just left. As a young man I lived in CO and it was a great state. But even then it was starting to be taken over by CA transplants.

So what are the other good pro business, pro gun states?
    I moved out of Taxachusetts to escape life in liberalville; moved to Colorado and thought it was paradise!

Then, as you stated, too many liberals from California and other locales discovered Colorado and they have really messed up this formerly great state. At my age, I cannot justify another move. I am staying put and fighting for all I am worth to bring back the decent state of affairs that once was the State of Colorado.

Now, as to the possible Magpul move out of Colorado, I cannot justify ANY company rewarding the current slate of extremely obtuse political perspective that we have (very progressive) in Colorado. Magpul is a company that deserves to have a state infrastructure that fully supports that company's perspective. I can only see negative burdens imposed upon Magpul if they choose to stay here in Colorado. As a vigorous 2nd Amendment supporter, I believe that Magpul should exercise its rights and move. As a citizen of Colorado, I will miss having Magpul in our state but the statement does need to be made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links