Photos: Glock 27 vs PPS

This is a discussion on Photos: Glock 27 vs PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just thought I'd share a few comparison photos of the Glock 27 and the Walther PPS side-by-side. Both are great, reliable, quality .40 caliber ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Photos: Glock 27 vs PPS

Photos: Glock 27 vs PPS

I just thought I'd share a few comparison photos of the Glock 27 and the Walther PPS side-by-side. Both are great, reliable, quality .40 caliber handguns. I would recommend both in a heart beat. I carried the G27 for about 3 months until I purchased the PPS. The PPS has been my everyday carry ever since. If you have any questions on how the two compare, feel free to ask!

IMG_20130217_124315_146.jpgIMG_20130217_124345_429.jpgIMG_20130217_124453_190.jpgIMG_20130217_124524_807.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Never paid much attention but it looks like the PPS would accommodate a bigger hand more easily. I do however love my 26 and 27.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Never paid much attention but it looks like the PPS would accommodate a bigger hand more easily. I do however love my 26 and 27.
    Yes and no. The PPS is thinner, but it does come with a larger back strap that isn't pictured. The magazine in the picture is the 6 rounder, but there also is a 7 round magazine that gives you even more room on the grip.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Thanks for the pics. The Walther looks very good.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I owned a G27...sold it and compared ( my ranged had both as rentals)the Walther and Shield for my Ccw gun. The Walther is a great shooting gun, very Glock like trigger and feel.

I love the look of the Walther but the trigger guard mag release has always put me off. Its just weird to me and unlike any other gun I own. Habe you had any issues with it compared to other guns?
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I love the look of the Walther but the trigger guard mag release has always put me off. Its just weird to me and unlike any other gun I own. Habe you had any issues with it compared to other guns?
    It was different, but practice makes perfect. I am left handed, so it actually works out well just using my middle finger to depress the mag release.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I find the trigger guard mag release on my PPQ to have one advantage over traditional style mag releases. That is with my short fingers I can manipulate it without rotating the gun in my hand. This means I maintain
    my grip and do not have to readjust after inserting the mag. My only concern with it is if I had not trained enough with this gun would I remember the different function in a stressful situation.

Which is more comfortable to shoot?

The PPS is a great gun and, for myself, I was used to the trigger within a few days of drilling at home and then some range time. Like another said I find it's actually easier for my fingers to use. I actually find it really odd, now, when I handle a gun with a button release. It feels really awkward haha, so clearly it's just a matter of practice.
    .XX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    Which is more comfortable to shoot?
    Without a doubt the G27. That is only my opinion, though. The thicker grip on the G27 actually helps with the comfort of shooting.

Is the slide width difference very noticeable regarding cover clothes? As in would the G27 print with a certain shirt, but the PPS would not print with the same shirt? Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Is the slide width difference very noticeable regarding cover clothes? As in would the G27 print with a certain shirt, but the PPS would not print with the same shirt? Hope that makes sense.
    Little to no difference between carrying them. While the width of the PPS is less, it isn't enough to make it more/less comfortable when carrying. The PPS actually prints a little more due to its magazines being taller.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Little to no difference between carrying them. While the width of the PPS is less, it isn't enough to make it more/less comfortable when carrying. The PPS actually prints a little more due to its magazines being taller.
    Thanks. That info will be useful for me in the next few months hopefully.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links