My Buddy Just Picked Up A New Glock 26

This is a discussion on My Buddy Just Picked Up A New Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He has been looking for an edc for his wife, and happened to be in the gun store today when two new Gen4's hit the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My Buddy Just Picked Up A New Glock 26

VIP Member

My Buddy Just Picked Up A New Glock 26

He has been looking for an edc for his wife, and happened to be in the gun store today when two new Gen4's hit the display case. He bought one, and the other one sold a few minutes later. $610 before tax.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Nice. My wife loves her Gen 3. We're still searching for the perfect holster for her...but aren't we all searching for the perfect holster...always?
    TX expat likes this.

Nice, good pickup for him. The G27gen4 I've had a few weeks now has been great so far. Now if my stupid holster would just get here...

I'm assuming his gun is retail stock (as is mine), is he planning on doing any mods to it ie sights? I'm thinking about getting 3 dot night sights of some kind, I'm not a huge fan of the Glock 'field goal' sights. They're OK, but I prefer 3 dot format.

Last question, since his gun is a recent production, is it one of the totally US made models that are starting to show up?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    My preferred carry gun.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

The G26 is the carry pistol that I use as a benchmark to judge all other carry pistols.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Good for him, but that was somewhat pricey.

My LGS had one last Saturday for $559 + tax, that I thought was a little steep. He said I could have it for $539 (but I already have one). I told my buddy about it, and it was gone before he got there a couple hours later.

Wow! $600+ is what Glocks are going for in Ohio?

Your buddy has great taste in firearms.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Nice, good pickup for him. The G27gen4 I've had a few weeks now has been great so far. Now if my stupid holster would just get here...

I'm assuming his gun is retail stock (as is mine), is he planning on doing any mods to it ie sights? I'm thinking about getting 3 dot night sights of some kind, I'm not a huge fan of the Glock 'field goal' sights. They're OK, but I prefer 3 dot format.

Last question, since his gun is a recent production, is it one of the totally US made models that are starting to show up?
    Not sure about the manufacturing locale, but I will ask him the next time I see him. Night sights are their next acquisition for it.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    For the most part, Glock 9s and .45s aren't going for anything around here, since there are usually none to be had.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Your buddy has great taste in firearms.
    He came by it quite honestly, as he and his wife both had the opportunity to fire their CHL instructor's edc's. They both loved my 19s, but the 26 fits her small hands more comfortably for her.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    Thats what they are going for anywhere if you can get one, at least in the Southeast.

I just picked up a Glock 22 with factory night-sights for 622.00 and then the next day picked up a Glock 32 with night sights for 634.00

Both of these have the hi-cap mags. None of my LGS have anything worth having in the subcompact and compact models (.40, 9mm, .357 seem to be the most popular).

I got lucky and have a friend with an FFL, and all he does is scour the internet for guns. They are SCARCE out there.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    He bought a great gun. I have carried a Glock 26 for more hours than all my other carry guns added up.

I'm apparently the only one on the planet that likes the stock Glock factory sights, but for my 70 year old eyes (trifocals) they are hands down the fastest to align. I shoot them about 50 points better, consistantly, during the IDPA classification test, than I do the 3 dot sights on the same gun.

I dry fire my XDs and my G30 135 times a week and even the fiberoptic on the front of the XDs isn't as fast as the stock Glock sight for me.

I've been thinking of getting a set of the Express night sights to try them on one of my Glocks just to see how they work. I've also considered the dotted 'i' night sights. I have the TFO's on the 19 in the bed side safe, but they don't work as well as I'd like them to. Not as bright as I'd like. The factory night sights on my SIG P238 are brighter.

But for day time carry, I like the Glock factory sights.

YMMV, and probably does.

Fitch
    glockman10mm likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I carried my G27 religiously until I got my PPS. The baby Glocks are great guns.

Good for them! Hear nothing but great things about them. A small pawn shop had one and a 19, both new, for $549. Seems the hole in the wall places might still have a few, some for not horrible prices.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links