Ridiculous offers for your defensive carry gun...

This is a discussion on Ridiculous offers for your defensive carry gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to start this thread after I received the most ridiculous offer to buy my defensive carry gun today. I placed an ad to ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Ridiculous offers for your defensive carry gun...

I decided to start this thread after I received the most ridiculous offer to buy my defensive carry gun today. I placed an ad to trade only for something of equal value for my custom Glock 36. Before I tell you what I was offered, here is what I have dome with the pistol:

-polished chamber, feed ramp, trigger components
    -replaced the stock trigger conector with a Ghost Rocket 3.5#
    -replaced the striker sprimg with a Wolff 6#
    -stippled the grip

And after all that I put into it, the guy only offered me $400. I really wish he could have heard me laugh. Have any of you had some just down right stupid offers for your quality defensive carry guns? Let me hear them so I can laugh some more...lol

You know, the fact that you spent $XXX modifying your gun doesn't mean that the value of the gun increased by the same amount. A Glock 36 is a $630 gun new at full retail. The street price is more like $550 new. Personally, I think you'll be lucky to find anybody to give you $500 for it.

Distinguished Member
    Sometimes we get too close to our stuff. $400 for your gun is in the ball park. Did you at least negotiate or just say no?
    atctimmy and dV8r like this.

in my experience, money spent on mods and enhancements is seldom recovered when the gun is sold. and many people are reluctant to spend money on a tweaked firearm. if you've got time to wait for the perfect buyer (one that cares about the stipple and ghost connector etc), I'm sure you'll do better than $400. the current craziness should help as well. however, I think $400 is a reasonable offer since most people don't care about those mods. many would probably put a stock connector back in it anyway. you're competing with NIB stock guns. not other guns with the same mods.
    Sandpiper and BenGoodLuck like this.

400-500 is in ball park 500$ you will get a noob trying to buy it
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

...in the shop we called this : "your mule...my mule"...

...when yer sellin'-it's wunnerful and pure gold when yer buyin' it...it's a broken-down cripple...

...if I had the money I've lost selling used guns...

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    in my experience, money spent on mods and enhancements is seldom recovered when the gun is sold
    ^ Heard this many times before.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Last time we had a G36 in stock it sold for $569.00. If we bought one or took one in trade you could expect an offer of 300-450 depending on condition. Your aftermarket parts are nice and make it a great pistol. But to someone else just looking for a G36 they may not care.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I seem to always buy high and sell low. The money I've lost doing that would buy me that really nice S&W revolver I want. I promise I would hang on to it no matter how low ball an offer I got for it.
    Snub44 likes this.

$400 is pretty reasonable for a used Glock.

One man's "customization" is another man's "butchering job". To a lot of guys, a box stock gun is worth more than one that someone has messed with. He may not care for your stippling job, and unless he knows you well, he has no idea of your skill level on the internal mods. Just sayin'.
    Secret Spuk, 10thmtn and 91wm6 like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Once you buy it,it's used.If you can get back what you have in it,you are lucky.

Not quite an offer, but I went to a LGS to inquire about putting the Taurus I want to rid myself of via consignment. Their take would be 20%, the guy who was "helping" me determine a value for it suggested $150 HAH! I declined...I can get much more in a private sale even with the expense in time involved. Pretty bad for someone who had a vested interest in selling something for as much as possible.

I would have said $250-$300

Just because its yours doesnt make it special. Its still only a Glock and will only ever be a Glock.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

ya wait for way more money!!.. im buying a glock 21 tomaro for 380$ its a gen 3 and the guy camo'd the whole thing. not to crazy about the whole thing being camo but i really want a glock 21 and i can get over it and plus i like camo stuff ne way. if it was my first and only gun i wouldnt go for it but ya i would be asking 500-600 for if i were you
    Last edited by gallardo.g23; February 19th, 2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: wrong dollar amount

IMO unless you're providing paperwork proving the gun was modified by a qualified gunsmith with some level of warranty, any owner-modified gun looses value, not gains it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links