How does Sig p2022 compare to other Sigs?

This is a discussion on How does Sig p2022 compare to other Sigs? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never realized how economical (didnt want to use the word cheap) the Sig 2022 was. I seen it yesterday new under $500. How does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does Sig p2022 compare to other Sigs?

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar

How does Sig p2022 compare to other Sigs?

I never realized how economical (didnt want to use the word cheap) the Sig 2022 was. I seen it yesterday new under $500. How does this pistol stack up against other Sigs, especially the 229. One day I'll have a 229 just because its a gun I've wanted since I was a kid. I'm 40 now. I'm just curious right now as I have another firearm on layaway (Beretta 96fs)so a Sig of anysorts right now is out.

2. Remove Ads

Iv got both 9-40 in the 2022 it's sigs best kept secret amazingly accurate and will hold its own against my 229 all day. Holsters are hard to find but here's a trick and holster that fits the xd fits the 2022

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    At $500 it's still a nice pistol, but not long ago when they were selling for $350 or a little less; one of the best deals in handguns.
    I like them, but not as much as a classic P Series.

I got my SP2022 in 9mm brand new a year ago for $379 and I will say it's the best value I ever got for a gun. It's every bit as reliable and accurate as my expensive Sigs (a P220 and P239).
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The Sig 2022 has one of the best DA/SA triggers I've ever experienced. I can only compare it to the Sig 239 since the 250s trigger (which I also own) is completely different, and in that respect the 2022 compares very favorably to the 239.

On the negative side, the 2022 is rather large and bulky. Not the best for carry in my opinion. I use it mainly as a range gun.

the SIG 2022 was originally introduced as the SIG Pro. whereas the 'classic' SIGs like the P220 and P229 have aluminum frames, the 2022's frame is polymer. i agree with buckshotshorty that it IS a bit bulkier than the 229, but if it fits your hand, it seems to be every bit as accurate and reliable as its alloy brothers. and it's lots cheaper.

I love mine, but like the OP asked, is there a real, marked difference to the expensive SIGs?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    the SIG 2022 was originally introduced as the SIG Pro. whereas the 'classic' SIGs like the P220 and P229 have aluminum frames, the 2022's frame is polymer. i agree with buckshotshorty that it IS a bit bulkier than the 229, but if it fits your hand, it seems to be every bit as accurate and reliable as its alloy brothers. and it's lots cheaper.
    You answered one of my questions. I was wondering if it was the same thing as the old Sig Pro.

Size-wise, the 2022 is right in between the P226 and P229. So I guess it's not quite small enough to be a compact. BUT, I do find the 2022 to fit my smallish hands much better (small back strap) than the P229. Function-wise, I would say the P2022 is every bit as good as the metal frame counterpart. Since it's polymer framed, I wouldn't trust it to hold up as well under extreme condition. But for everyday use, I'd say it's just as good.

It has the best DA/SA trigger Sig ever produced.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I bought one a few years ago and really liked it. Wound up selling it to a college student who really wanted a Sig but could not afford the price for a P series pistol. I paid $319 plus tax for it on clearance. Sig was running a special at the time and I got a Sig hat and a pair of tactical pants by sending in a copy of my sales receipt. If I needed a full size range/home defense/truck pistol, I'd get another in a heart beat.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

love mine very accurate i keep it for home defense
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

The gun bug has bit me lately. Its not because of the panic buying either. (Every few years I get bit). I have a Beretta 96fs on layaway that I fell in love with. My wife in the next few weeks is picking up a Beretta px4 compact. These will be our first semiauto beside 22lr. When I found the 96fs I was actually looking at Sigs because I've wanted one for years. The only Sig I have is a mosquito(which I dont know if that really counts). But the 96 felt good in the hand. But after seeing the price on the 2022 it is sounding tempting. Just not sure if I bought the 2022 if down the road I'm going to wish I bought the 229 instead. The 229 has been on my want list for a long long long time.

I've been considering a 2022 in .40 S&W since right now the ammo is cheaper than .45 and easier to find than 9mm. I'd rather have a USP in .40 but if/when things return to "normal" I don't know if I'll use the .40 enough to justify having a $900 pistol chambered in that round.

2022 in 9mm is sweet.
    seen prices real low for non-nightsight versions $350-400, but that was before The Craziness. there are a lot of online holster options to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links