Does anyone own a Kahr P45?

This is a discussion on Does anyone own a Kahr P45? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for opinions from people who own and use a Kahr P45. I have a chance to buy either a 2 toned or all black ...

Thread: Does anyone own a Kahr P45?

Looking for opinions from people who own and use a Kahr P45. I have a chance to buy either a 2 toned or all black finish. Both have big dot night sights. Only couple hundred rounds each. Used for carry untill he went back to his 1911. Asking price is 450 each.
    This will be a out of state sale so I have to figure in FFL fees.

Thanks for your help with this

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    No 45 kahr here . I CC kahrs, ether one of my 2- 9mm or a 40. I have shot a follow shooters cw45 and found it was controlable enough and not as snappy as a cw40, more of a push back type recoil. Price of the 2 - P45's ?? Thats not a bad price for each. It is about 50 to 75 bucks more than a new CW45 but if the difference in the P series is worth it Yes thats a deal IF the pistols run well.

Some people say kahrs need breaking in. My 3 have been great from round one . I thinks its the owners that need breaking in .

I will not buy a used firearm from out of town with out handleing a firearm. That kills the deal for me. Thats from a kahr lover. Guess I would by a cw series new at a good ocal gun shop. CW45 here goes for 375 to 400 dollars new. A few less upgrades compaired to the P series .

This probably is of limited help

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    No 45 kahr here . I CC kahrs, ether one of my 2- 9mm or a 40. I have shot a follow shooters cw45 and found it was controlable enough and not as snappy as a cw40, more of a push back type recoil. Price of the 2 - P45's ?? Thats not a bad price for each. It is about 50 to 75 bucks more than a new CW45 but if the difference in the P series is worth it Yes thats a deal IF the pistols run well.

Some people say kahrs need breaking in. My 3 have been great from round one . I thinks its the owners that need breaking in .

I will not buy a used firearm from out of town with out handleing a firearm. That kills the deal for me. Thats from a kahr lover. Guess I would by a cw series new at a good ocal gun shop. CW45 here goes for 375 to 400 dollars new. A few less upgrades compaired to the P series .

This probably is of limited help
    Thanks for the info and any info is always a help. After looking at the specs on these more I see its pretty much the same size as a Glock 36. So it would make sense to stay with the Glock because of also owning a 19 and 21

Quote Originally Posted by gtn View Post
    Thanks for the info and any info is always a help. After looking at the specs on these more I see its pretty much the same size as a Glock 36. So it would make sense to stay with the Glock because of also owning a 19 and 21
    there is about a $200 difference between a Glock 36 and a new Kahr CW45 if that makes any difference to you. I have both the CW45 and Glock 36, and their specs are very similar.
    They are both good pistols.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    there is about a $200 difference between a Glock 36 and a new Kahr CW45 if that makes any difference to you. I have both the CW45 and Glock 36, and their specs are very similar.
    They are both good pistols.
    Funny how prices run from one area to another. CW45 is 650, PM9 and PM45 is 800 and Glock 36 is 565

GTN where do you get your street prices. Around here a CW 45 retails for $485 and sells 375 to 400 new in many lgs. The glock gen 4 is 550 gen 3 509.

The local gun shops. My Glock price was for Gen 4. When I first looked at the PMs 3 months ago they were 640 and now they are 800. NY is going crazy

I have a P45-Had several problems-sent back to Kahr because of multiple jams-Kahr replaced the slide-had much less problems afterwards but after a gunsmith reconditioned including a frog lube-it handles great! Inststalled a Crimson Trace Laser and the accuracy couldn't be any better. Love the gun It is now my favorite!

I've had a P45 for 5 years. Great gun. No problems. Conceals well. Handles better. A pleasure to shoot. I have replaced the factory sights with XS Sights, and use a Hogue small grip cover with finger grooves. Great weapon, handles all .45 ACP ammunition put into it.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I bought a P45 and then later a TP45 with the intent to carry one of them. I could never really shoot either all that well, as I had a problem with the recoil, especially with +P ammo. The P45 is truely a great size and weight for a CCW, but I just couldn't shoot it well. It wasn't totally reliable but that may gave been ammo related. I bought the TP45 intending to cut the grip down to the "P" size, making it more concealable, but gaining the advantage of the 4" barrel. That customization never occured though. In the end I kept my 9mm CCW, because it handle it much better than the lightweight .45 Kahr. I own other Kahrs and have come to the conclusion that I prefer my Kahrs in 9mm.

There is no doubt recoil is an issue for some. I don't enjoy range time with the cm9 but getting 50 rounds down and ain't a big deal. I just picked up a tp40. Very supriced at how shootable it was, great pistol but can tend to be to long of grip for easy concealed use. Adding just a piece of inner tube to the grip makes a big change in ability to control these lighter pistols . Thats make an unreliable pistol at time completely reliable. That is one of the first things I do before pulling the trigger too. And CC ammo is alwys a +P load. Now for me a friends cm40 would be more than I want to shot enought to become good with it. Nasty little pistol.

I have a P45 and it is a great little handgun. It is reliable and handles the .45 acp round well. It is well designed so it is a true .45 not an overstuffed 9mm.....I can shoot it threw an afternoon and "enjoy" the session. Had trouble with the magazine releasing while shooting initially after purchase and Kahr sent a new metal button release that took care of the problem. If I take my time with shots, it is more accurate than most of my smaller handguns.

Sponsored Links