New Gun: Glock 19, possible carry perfection!

This is a discussion on New Gun: Glock 19, possible carry perfection! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I bought a Glock 19 today. I was actually shopping for a Shield but refuse to pay $650 for one. So instead I found ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New Gun: Glock 19, possible carry perfection!

So I bought a Glock 19 today. I was actually shopping for a Shield but refuse to pay $650 for one. So instead I found a guy with a Glock 19 at a reasonable price. Yes, I paid a little more than I wanted, but I'd rather pay more to an individual than fund my local gun shops (gougers!).

I sold my M&P40c to fund the deal, I just don't like the 40 like I thought I would and shoot 9's much better.

What struck me immediately was how well it carries. Even with the longer grip it doesn't print, doesn't dig into my car seat, and feels better in my hand than the M&P did (to me). I also know some don't like them, but the U-groove sights are a nice change and I love the sight picture. When I "punch out" in my draw I just about line up perfectly every time.

Anyways, I know it is just a plain old Glock, but man, I like it so far. Tomorrow I get to put some lead down range so I am pumped!

That is all.

For those that want pics, here ya go it is a stock 19, just like this one......

wmhawth, TX expat and Broadus like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I like the U-grove sights also. Everyone seems to do the 3 dot ones these days.

I agree about how well they carry. I switched over to carrying my G23 today (I OC at work, CC otherwise). I got sick of the gun box shuffle at home as I transitioned from my PPQ to SR9c every day, then swapped them back out at bed time. Those are both unloaded, and locked up right now.

This one has been on me all day. I love it for CC, OC, and home defense.

Interestingly, my one gripe is the factory sights. I hate them as they come. I made a huge upgrade with a Sharpie. The rear sight is blacked out. I love them this way. Very fast acquisition. :)

VIP Member
    I have been carrying a 19 for quite awhile and yes, it is carry perfection, at least for me. Congrats on acquiring one of my favorite guns.
    joker1 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Congrats, you picked an awesome gun there.

VIP Member
    The G19, it may not be pretty but, it sure gets the job done! It is a great choice for carry.

Good luck with it.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Re: New Gun: Glock 19, possible carry perfection!

I'm a recent Glock fan boy too! I first bought an XDM but the Springfield triggers aren't as good as the Glocks. It takes over $100 to improve a XD(M) trigger but for $19 you can get the 3.5 connector for a Glock.

The Glocks also have a ton of extra parts and other stuff.

I love my XDM! But my 27 has a better trigger! But my next gun will be another Glock!

In God and Glock we Trust

I love my G22.... yep its bigger than the 19 but its the only one i have ....... still an awesome piece
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Sure it is wonderful I feel incomplete without my g 26

I'm not really a big fan of Glocks but I agree with you, the 19 is a terrific gun! My problem is Glocsk is between my ears, and I admit it; I just have a tough time getting used to not having a hammer & safety lever and I don't really like the trigger. I seem to shoot them pretty well but I don't enjoy shooting them. Also, the recoil feels surprisingly stout from the 19, even compared to my Bersa BP9CC which is actually a lighter gun.

Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm not raining on your parade, that G19 is a ******* gun! Only minor issue is that, where I live at least, the .40 would be better. I prefer 9mm but there's hardly a round to be found at any price. But there's boatloads of .40 Smith. As long as you can get ammo you'd be hard pressed to find a better CCW gun than the G19!

I love my G19 gen 4! The recoil is not bad at all. Is such a great gun. I am a thin guy, so I usually carry a Kahr due to the thickness of the glock. The g19 is my nightstand gun and winter carry.

I'm hoping to get my first Glock soon.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I too bought one recently, a few month back. Fell in love with it at the range and have been carrying it ever since.

Enjoy it!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm not raining on your parade, that G19 is a ******* gun! Only minor issue is that, where I live at least, the .40 would be better. I prefer 9mm but there's hardly a round to be found at any price. But there's boatloads of .40 Smith. As long as you can get ammo you'd be hard pressed to find a better CCW gun than the G19!
    I hear you there. I never had issues getting ammo for my M&P40. We shall see today as I am going to go ammo hunting. I know some shops have 9mm, I just don't know how much they want. I haven't bought 9mm in about 8 months, I hope the price isn't all jacked up.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

A couple of years ago I decided to consolidate all of my handguns to 9mm to save on ammo by buying it in bulk.

I ended up with a Glock 19 for EDC, and a Glock 26 for deep concealment. I also picked up a few 33 round mags, as well as several G17 mags for spare mag carry.

I buy all of my holsters for the G19 and the G26 fits in them as well.

It has really simplified my "carry life"... And, simple is good.
    TX expat, joker1 and sparkykb like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links