Good price for a Glock 23 these days?

This is a discussion on Good price for a Glock 23 these days? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have my eye on a Gen 4 Glock 23 at a LGS. They have it marked at $599.00. Is that a fair price in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good price for a Glock 23 these days?

I have my eye on a Gen 4 Glock 23 at a LGS. They have it marked at $599.00. Is that a fair price in today's market?

I want to put an aftermarket 9mm barrel in it for fun and possibly carry it with a 357sig barrel. (never really cared much for the .40, although I like having that option...)

I feel in this way the 23 is a more versatile option than a 19.

Thoughts? Experience? Any advise? FWIW, this would be my first Glock, although I have spent plenty of shooting time with them.
    Owner, Maple Leaf Firearms LLC (07 FFL/02SOT)

Yeah, that's about as good as you're likely to get right now. Every LGS in my area is bingo all Glocks, and the online stores that have 'em are getting around $625. Like you I'm not crazy about the .40 S&W but right now it's probably a great option since it's easy to get ammo for. 9mm is nearly impossible to find anywhere in my town. If you can swap out 9mm or 357 Sig barrels it seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'm not much of a Glock fan but the 19/23 is my favorite of the lot.

You should be able to get a good used 23 for around 500 right now, and that's still too much IMO

GH
    Prices are going crazy at this time. I purchased an M&P 40C on 10 Dec. at a great price with a LEO/Security/Military discount. It comes with 3 mags & night sights for $455. I hate to think how much it would cost now. I'm still waiting for delivery to the gun store but I felt the wait is well worth it. I plan on starting with a .357Sig barrel & go to a 9MM barrel in the future if the ammo becomes available again. I wanted a G23 originally but Glocks were a lot more expensive even then & I couldn't find any discounts at least in this area.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

2013 Blue Book on it is 525 New in box. By the time you add fees and such from the dealer around the 550-600 mark is normal.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john.shewchuk View Post
    I have my eye on a Gen 4 Glock 23 at a LGS. They have it marked at $599.00. Is that a fair price in today's market?

I want to put an aftermarket 9mm barrel in it for fun and possibly carry it with a 357sig barrel. (never really cared much for the .40, although I like having that option...)

Thoughts? Experience? Any advise? FWIW, this would be my first Glock, although I have spent plenty of shooting time with them.
    As I mentioned on another thread earlier this week, a friend of mine just paid $610 before tax for a G26. Had he not bought it as soon as it hit the display case, it would have been gone.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Haven't seen one in my area for a while. A month or so ago they were selling for $659 at most places.

$599 for a Gen 4 G23 is a good price right now. Do it.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Well I guess the general consensus is to go get it...

Hopefully it is still there when I get over there later today.

Thank you all for the advice.
    Owner, Maple Leaf Firearms LLC (07 FFL/02SOT)

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Re: Good price for a Glock 23 these days?

Or buy a 32 if they have it and put the 40 or 9 barrel in it. My local lgs has kept prices the same, still have them for 499,or 2 weeks ago they did, said they dont need to gouge to make money

______
    Sent from my mobile device
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

I hate to admit it but just yesterday I gave $600 for a used Glock 19 (100 rounds fired, all paperwork, looks new). I bought it from an individual. Now I kinda wish I had gotten a G23 because 9mm ammo is expensive and hard to find.

A few months ago (before Sandy Hook) I bought a used G27 for $400 out the door at a LGS that is now selling them for $700. Times are nuts. Either wait it out or just deal with it. Regardless, I love the Glock 19 so much that to me I would gladly pay $600 again.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I'd say that's pretty good. The LGS I go to has them for about $30 more. Gen 3's usually fetch about $520.
    Don't mess with Texas.

Seriously, don't even think about it.

Unfortunately, things are so crazy right now that I only buy what I think I need. Maybe things will settle down in the not-too-distant future.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Quote Originally Posted by john.shewchuk View Post

That is the price I paid for my Gen4 Glock 19 in April 2012

A Gen 4 would cost you at least $700 in MA, and that's on the low end. And oh by the way, no gun shops will sell you one because they don't carry them and it's damn near impossible to find one that will accept a transfer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links