The 1911 sucks for SD

This is a discussion on The 1911 sucks for SD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I’m looking to piss on a hornet’s nest – here’s a video to start…...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: The 1911 sucks for SD

The 1911 sucks for SD

Okay, so I’m looking to piss on a hornet’s nest – here’s a video to start…

NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

So you know you are going to get stung by hornets but why do you still piss on the hornet's nest?

Right back at you with another Einstein's quote.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    AR15VSCoyote and dV8r like this.

Good thing us 1911 owners are smarter than these clowns and don't fill our weapons with dirt prior to carrying them huh?

With no due respect, your opinion is not worthy of further comment IMHO.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I've seen this one before :P

I guarantee that I can do something to a Glock in under 5 minutes that would be impossible to do on a steel framed pistol that'd render it useless. Doesn't mean a thing though

Something I've always wondered about since I once worked of a fiberglass and plastic parts manufacturer concerning all polymer handguns. That is, how much BHT the frames might contain and whether or not contact with sweaty palms could result in it's introduction into the users body. there are other things in plastics as well, xenoestrogens etc. that can have a deleterious effect on your male hormones with enough exposure.

What I am asking in all seriousness....can polymer handguns lead to breast and prostate cancer?

I'm not taking any chances!!

My Sig 1911 runs like a swiss watch, don't need a video to show me squat. I've shot a year worth of matches with absolutely flawless operation while watching my share of Glocks and all types of guns malfunction. My 1911 just keeps on going. So they piggy back onto a jerk's stupid video about 1911's. That says it all before they even start shooting. And they use crappy green box Rem ammo the stuff that swells up and sticks even in my revolvers. Any 1911 shooter worth a hill of beans will have their gun, ammo, springs working like a charm before they carry it. Excuse me if I dont sell my 1911 or go watch any Yeager videos. I own and love all types of guns and know how to keep them running just fine thank you very much ;) Nothing like a troll video to boost your channel hits and muddy the waters for thousands of people who don't know any better. No matter what type of gun you buy it can become super reliable if you actually have a flippin' clue what you are doing. The Yeager references really say it all for Manny and Moe here.

VIP Member
    Thanks for setting us all straight.

I own Glocks, I own 1911's. All that video shows me is that an unknown (to me) Sig 1911 doesn't like having a bunch of dirt poured down the breech. These tests seem so irrelevant to me. I don't fill my guns (Glocks or 1911's) full of salt, dirt, mud, sand, or ketchup before I carry them. And as a civilian concealed carry guy, I doubt very seriously I will have to do a "battlefield pickup" on a 1911, so what do I care?

Do I carry the 1911? Rarely anymore. The Glock carries better (weight) IMO. But both have been dead nuts reliable under "normal" conditions.

What this video says to me is that if I ever take a pistol with me when hand fishing for catfish, it should be a Glock.
    TX expat and Bad Bob like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Good thing us 1911 owners are smarter than these clowns and don't fill our weapons with dirt prior to carrying them huh?

With no due respect, your opinion is not worthy of further comment IMHO.
    This.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I think the 1911 performance in real war combat situations speaks volumes for itself. I guess I will continue to carry my 1911

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I own Glocks, I own 1911's. All that video shows me is that an unknown (to me) Sig 1911 doesn't like having a bunch of dirt poured down the breech. These tests seem so irrelevant to me. I don't fill my guns (Glocks or 1911's) full of salt, dirt, mud, sand, or ketchup before I carry them. And as a civilian concealed carry guy, I doubt very seriously I will have to do a "battlefield pickup" on a 1911, so what do I care?

Do I carry the 1911? Rarely anymore. The Glock carries better (weight) IMO. But both have been dead nuts reliable under "normal" conditions.

What this video says to me is that if I ever take a pistol with me when hand fishing for catfish, it should be a Glock.
    Why would you fill your pistol full of ketchup? Everybody knows mayonaise is the only good 'real world' test for condiment abuse for firearms.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Why would you fill your pistol full of ketchup? Everybody knows mayonaise is the only good 'real world' test for condiment abuse for firearms.
    Ah, I did not know that!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Ah, I did not know that!
    Report back with your 'Glock vs. 1911 mayonaise dunking' results. And none of that miracle whip crapola; real guns, real mayonaise!
    Aceoky and NONAME762 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Ah yes Glock is the only gun to own
    Bad Bob likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    This wasnt a torture test, this was an excercise in stupidity.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

one word .....

KABOOM

One Picture

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links