New Shield Comes Home

New Shield Comes Home

This is a discussion on New Shield Comes Home within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As many of you know, I have been contemplating buying a S&W Shield. Went to the LGS today to look at the Shield and brought ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Shield Comes Home

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

New Shield Comes Home

As many of you know, I have been contemplating buying a S&W Shield. Went to the LGS today to look at the Shield and brought one in 9mm home. I almost purchased a full size M&P 45 ACP but felt the Shield would serve me better and the price of $349 was too good to pass up. I think this little pistol will be an excellent backup when I'm working and great for off duty. I am really impressed with how good these little pistols feel in the hand. I'm hoping the rain will move out tomorrow so I can put a few rounds down the tube. If it shoots as good as it feels, it should be good to go!

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Congrats on the new gun! Don't let a little rain keep you from putting some rounds through that nice gun. Enjoy.

Congratulations.

You suck.

Re: New Shield Comes Home

Congrats!! I bought my wife one a few weeks ago and she loves it, very sweet shooting gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    Congrats!! I bought my wife one a few weeks ago and she loves it, very sweet shooting gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    As soon as I came through the door with it my wife said, hey I think I can shoot this one too! I then said, hey we can go buy another one and have matching Shield's!
    longhornfan6 likes this.

I have no idea how you scored a Shield for that price. You could sell it down here for $600 easy. All out LGS's here (except Academy Sports who never has any in stock) are selling them for $659.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Congratulations.

You suck.
    I have got to give my local gun store credit. They have sold a lot of guns through the latest "scare", but yet they have been able to keep a lot of guns coming in from the manufacturers and they have kept MOST prices reasonable. They were even able to keep AR's coming in and sold them at a decent and reasonable price to boot. Their 5.56/.223 ammo was over priced but the pistol ammo has been reasonable.

That price is so low I'm tempted to call bull****.

However you procured it, great score. Shot my buddy's at the range a few weeks ago. The accuracy is what impressed me the most. I eventually gave up the hunt and got the Walther PPS, which I am happy with.
    Don't mess with Texas.

Seriously, don't even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post

However you procured it, great score. Shot my buddy's at the range a few weeks ago. The accuracy is what impressed me the most. I eventually gave up the hunt and got the Walther PPS, which I am happy with.

Would you care to wager a little money or maybe ammo up on that? I could scan the receipt...although my wife or son would have to show me how to scan it!

Congrats! Mine come in on Tuesday. I am pretty excited.

He is not BSing. We have a Smith dealer here who sells them for 375.

You might say they have a bit of a waiting list.

wow that is a very good price, i got mine for 419$.. i love mine and you will too
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post

At the Store I work at we sell em for 399.95 so the OP got one heck of a deal.......
    BTW.CONGRATS on the new Sheild...9mm or 40? I have the 40 and it performs flawlessly...I got mine for 350.00 brand new. and that's NO bull.LOL
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Mine came in a week ago. Cost me $600 and one arm and one leg. Don't know how you people find them so cheap.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Mine came in a week ago. Cost me $600 and one arm and one leg. Don't know how you people find them so cheap.
    Ok here is how it happened. From my understanding, the dealer deals with S&W directly and is a LE dealer for S&W, Glock, Sig, and I think Beretta. They got in a shipment of LE/Military Shields and S&W allows them to sell for $100 off the MSRP...which comes to $349....plus tax. The "standard" Shields were selling for $449 plus tax two weeks ago. I'm not sure how many Shields they received but all were sold in 8 hours or so. While I was in the store, they sold 6 Shields including the one I bought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links