Crimson Trace

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you guys thank about a "Crimson Trace" for my daughters Lady Smith?...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: Crimson Trace

Crimson Trace

What do you guys thank about a "Crimson Trace" for my daughters Lady Smith?

2. Remove Ads

Sure

I have read on this forum, several times, that lasers are good for training only OR they are a fad.
    I disagree with both statements. I have a CT laser on my Glock, and I am saving for another to put on my PPK/S. I think they are great for point-shooting, as it seems to me that if the BG is less than 10-feet away and I assume a proper shooting stance I have a greater risk for a gun snatch. Using a laser allows for shooting around obstacles that hinder a shooting stance. Additionally, since most SD situations will probably be in less than ideal light conditions, having an automatically activated laser reduces the need to focus on the front sight (which would be counter-intuitive in a SD situation), and if the gun is far enough away from my eyes to focus on the front sight, the weapon is in gun snatch range.

I pretty new to semi-autos, but our CWP instructor recommended installing Crimson Trace. I'm ordering a Glock 19 with tritium sights. I'm not sure whether I'll add a Crimson Trace.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have a CTC grip on my 1911, I think it is a great addition, especially for low light conditions.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

OP - This topic has been beaten to death numerous times. Do a search, and you will find many threads on this issue already.

Bottom line - most people who have been properly trained in how to use a laser, really really like them. Most of those who poo-poo them, are either ignorant of the proper way to use them, and/or are trying to sell you something else.

All my sidearms have CT lasers. I ran a little LCP with a CT laser through a low light pistol class. That was more than enough to convince me, if I wasn't already.

Many good videos on the CT website. Lots of good info on proper training with lasers on the CorneredCat website.

Good luck!
    Broadus and Jackster like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links