SIG p238 ftf

SIG p238 ftf

This is a discussion on SIG p238 ftf within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I imagine this is an old complaint. Just got a 238 Scorpion. Have run 50 rounds of cheapo Remington ball through it. No trouble at ...

Thread: SIG p238 ftf

SIG p238 ftf

I imagine this is an old complaint. Just got a 238 Scorpion. Have run 50 rounds of cheapo Remington ball through it. No trouble at all, shot well. Cleaned it, and loaded it with some Gold Dots. No joy. Did not matter if I racked the slide, tripped the slide release, or slingshotted it. Round would jam hard against the feed ramp and lock it up. Had to lock the slide back, push the round back into the mag, and then eject the mag. Found some Hornady XTP ammo, same result. Had a 238 Nitron, and fed it Golden Sabers, which cycled fine. Can't find them now. Have heard Critical Defense runs good, but can't find that either. Now have 50 rounds of Gold Dot and 25 rounds of XTP that are useless to me. Maybe this thing needs a serious break in. That makes sense, as it runs ball ammo just fine.

For those of you with a 238, what do you feed it for carry ammo and how many rounds did you use to break it in?

VIP Member
    Not sure about the break in, but at least you know what works. You may need to carry the Remmy ball stuff. I have no problems with my Sig ( 938 ) with any ammo types. Have you tried different mags?
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Nah, just the two that came with the gun. This gun was made in August, I think, and should have the newest hardware.

VIP Member
    Just wondering if you tried a different mag. My 938 only came with one. I got a second from Midway and got 2 more on B.O. seven rounders. I am not sure about the feed situation you seem to have. But there are a few guys here that will figure it out for you. Probably something simple, Like I said at least you know you have the problem.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

When we first got my wife's P238 a bit over a year ago, it had 4 or 5 various malfunctions (failure to feed or eject and a stovepipe) in the first 100 rounds. Since then, it has been flawless. The only SD rounds we've tried is Hornady Critical Defense and it feeds them perfectly.

Sponsored Links